Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2003 4:36:35 AM EDT
 OK, I have been to the Armalite forum and the M1A forum and here I am at the handgun forum...I am covering all of my bases!!!

As I have stated on the previous boards I have decided to retract any and all non constructive and inflammatory statements that I have made towards Springfield Armory and Armalite.  After some long thought I have come full circle to the obvious conclusion that my derogatory statements serve absolutely no constructive purpose and indeed would be naught but a hinderance to any constructive communications that could take place between a company and it's customers.
 I thereby retract all derogatory and unprofessional statements that I have made to either Springfield Armory ( S.A., Inc. ) or Armalite and will limit any and all future comments to ones with professional, constructive and logical content.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:10:53 AM EDT
[#1]
OK
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
 OK, I have been to the Armalite forum and the M1A forum and here I am at the handgun forum...I am covering all of my bases!!!

As I have stated on the previous boards I have decided to retract any and all non constructive and inflammatory statements that I have made towards Springfield Armory and Armalite.  After some long thought I have come full circle to the obvious conclusion that my derogatory statements serve absolutely no constructive purpose and indeed would be naught but a hinderance to any constructive communications that could take place between a company and it's customers.
 I thereby retract all derogatory and unprofessional statements that I have made to either Springfield Armory ( S.A., Inc. ) or Armalite and will limit any and all future comments to ones with professional, constructive and logical content.

Hehe. SA rocks!!

Sorry, couldnt resist!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:10:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
 will limit any and all future comments to ones with professional, constructive and logical content.

Why the heck should you be different from the rest of us?????????        
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:38:10 AM EDT
[#4]
 Thanks for being good sports, guys!!!!!  A lot of my re reasoning stemmed from the fact that there are a LOT of GREAT folks on ARFCOM and I would much rather be counted among the good than the bad.  I prefer a quality rep....got some work to do...thanks for the second chance.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:21:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Go buy yourself a new SA 1911. It will make you feel better I promise. Or you could go buy me one. I know it would make ME feel better.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:13:39 AM EDT
[#6]
 Sure thing...rrrriiiiigghhttt after I get my Costa Mesa AR180
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:39:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I didn't count you among the bad people, I just counted you among the people who had a string of bad luck! You're sorta like the ComputerGuy of gun problems. Anyway, here's wishing you better luck in the future.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#8]
 Thank you!!!  Yeah...I DO have some strange luck.  My cousin locked her keys in her car today and I broke into it without even knowing what the hell I was doing...just one of those wierd things.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:01:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
 Thank you!!!  Yeah...I DO have some strange luck.  My cousin locked her keys in her car today and I broke into it without even knowing what the hell I was doing...just one of those wierd things.

Yeah right.  You don't really think your former career is a secret do you?

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:47:04 AM EDT
[#10]
You sure went through a bad time and I'm sure you had legitimate issues with the attendant expenses and hassles.
Yes, I admit, you were quite vocal too.
So, how much is SA sueing you for?  
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:32:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Hee hee....if they were smart they would hire me as a production consultant....given free reign I could change their reputation almost overnight.  It really isn't that big of a deal either.  Springfield's designs are not too bad at all...it is the execution that is faulty.  All I would do is change part vendors, insure that there were very good incoming (parts recieving) and outgoing ( final product )quality programs and create an extremely aggressive warranty department that attacked each particular issue with zeal and pretty much be done with it.  In retrospect I would also insure that my assembly folks had the right equipment for doing their jobs and would most likely hire a few folks because I have a feeling that the assembly groups there are most likely short handed and don't have the time to assemble the final product in a fashion they might like to.

Dollars to doughnuts that would cover and cure most of the QC issues that are popping up from Springfield.

Oh yeah...M1A receivers would be forged at the Imbel plant just like the 45 frames are.  No more cast components...I don't care HOW cheap they are.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:46:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I still think Armalite sucks.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:06:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Desertmoon, I always considered you one of the good guys.  You are just one of the good guys who doesnt like Springfield as much as I do :).  Though some of your comments in the past were quite harsh I understand.  I would be ticked if I had that many problems with one company.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:17:15 PM EDT
[#14]
 yeah, my luck with the Geneseo twins isn't the greatest....I am hoping, with the help of others, to institute change in such companies so that others do not suffer the same fate...I just feel it's better...more professional...to do it in a businesslike manner....

thanks for being understanding of my particular dilemma
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:18:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I still think Armalite sucks.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top