Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 8/4/2002 7:23:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/5/2002 6:45:28 AM EDT by Tailgate]
I can not believe it...there is a Kahr discussion forum under handguns but NOT a Les Baer one?!?!?!?

Surely the moderators of this fine web site understand that most members here invest in high quality, accuracy, and reliable pistols. To leave off Les Baer (and even Ed Brown) is a shame.

I bet more members own Les Baers than Kahrs (even though you could be 4 or 5 Kahrs for one Les Baer).
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:05:53 PM EDT
tailgate, I have to agree with you there is no finer 1911 handgun out there. I have a premier II and go to be getting a custom carry.
Once you've been to the mountain top theres no coming back!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:46:58 PM EDT
Ditto there, partner. I also have a Premier II, and love it. It's my primary CCW pistol.

In a year or two (when I get the money) I plan on buying a Thunder Ranch Special for my wife. OR...maybe I'll just give her mine and I'll take the TR Special. he he
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 2:41:07 PM EDT
Baer hell!! Where is the WILSON forum. I guess thats why I go to 1911.com for handguns.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 3:13:57 PM EDT
the thunder ranch is a very cool pistol the srp has a certain apeal;)
i've know a few people that have wilsons but they say that they love them, i'm sure that there great guns i just can't imagine how much better they are than the baer for the extra money.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 3:09:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By chrisva:
i've know a few people that have wilsons but they say that they love them, i'm sure that there great guns i just can't imagine how much better they are than the baer for the extra money.

What do you say to folks who say the same thing to you when they are refering to say, a Kimber vs. a Baer? The awnser is the same. You get what you pay for. I cant speak from experiance as I have never shot a Baer, but a couple guys who have shot my Wilson say its close but the Wilson gets the nod. But it still comes down to the driver. I need more practice to do my gun justice, if I ever can.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 6:49:19 PM EDT
Last week @ gunsite we saw the letter from Wilson saying not to shoot PMC 4acp in their Wilson pistols.....and saw the wilson pistols choke on PMC that would run in ANY other pistol...including Kimbers and Baer's flawlessly....and Wilsons cost more $$ with less features than a Baer. Wilson owners call Wilson and ask him why SAAMI spec PMC ball wont run is his MIM special, kimber framed pistols ???
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 9:04:30 PM EDT
JusDfacts, no offense, but what exactly is your affiliation with the Les Baer company???

Are you an employee, PR man, or are you just some unpaid fan of his wears?

I have to ask, because you periodically pop up on these forums with seemingly the sole purpose of singing the praises of Les Baer products.

In fact, I remember your very first post on AR15.com, the topic of which was how Les Baer ARs' are the best thing since sliced raisin bread, and how all other ARs' are inferior crap!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion JusDfacts, but you seem to have an agenda behind yours.

Care to set me straight???

Top Top