Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2002 9:30:57 AM EST
I was thinking about getting one or (knowing me) both of these pistols in 9mm.I handled both of these guns but never got a chance to fire them.Are they good guns? Can you get them with a stainless finish?Thanks
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 10:21:07 AM EST
I know the Vertec is available in SS.
I've been looking at the Vertec since it first came into the shop I work at.

Not sure on the Cougar.
The only ones we have in are in 45.
On their web page they list the a Mini Cougar Inox.
I personally do not like the mini Cougars due to me having larger hands. I've pincked my hand several times showing the firearms.
Check them out at berettausa.com
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 1:09:04 PM EST
Although the Inox Cougars show up on Beretta's Italian website, only a couple, literally, have made their way stateside.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 1:02:29 PM EST
I have only seen 2 SS 9mm cougars. Both had walnut stocks and a grooved sighting plane to reduce glare. Very nice pistols indeed. Of the bruniton finnished pistols I have seen a few shot to the 10,500rd. mark with only 1 ffd and 2 fej's. As for the vertec all internal parts are the same as the standard 92/96 series so all reliability and function are the same as the M-9.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 7:23:52 PM EST
I have had both. The Vertec wins hands down. The Cougar is fine, but it is bigger and bulkier. The Vertec has many additional features that the Cougar doesn't have: An open slide, accessory rail, far better trigger, better barrel, etc.

I would definately recommend the Vertec over the Cougar.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:25:56 PM EST
I would also look at the Elite 1A it has the much talked about "G" Decock only feature, which some of us prefer. Plus the heavier slide of the Brig series.
my personal dream gun is a Cougar in .45
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:14:54 PM EST
Another vote for the Cougar!

Really great ergonomics for almost any size hand and a rotating barrel which absorbs a lot of recoil.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:33:10 AM EST
They are both nice pistols, although I personally prefer the Vertec since it fits better in my hand and I like the integrated rail for my tac light.

As an FYI, Guns & Weapons for LE has a write up on the Vertec in this month's issue as well.

Top Top