Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2013 7:33:11 PM EDT
I have a Ruger MKIII Target that I am thinking about selling.  I have had the barrel chopped and threaded at 3.5" and I have had the receiver/barrel and frame Cerakoted black.  I have also installed a Volquartsen target trigger kit as well as a Volquartsen extractor.  The gun comes with 2 mags and the original box.  How much do you think it's worth?  I honestly can't believe I am considering selling it, but I am.  Haha.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#1]
A new TALO Ruger MKIII with top rail and threaded barrel retails for a bit over $400.00 new out the door.

So... it would depend what the buyer was willing to pay for your "custom" features.

Often adding parts or customization will not increase the sale value of the weapon equal to the money spent for the parts/features.

I often see "custom Glocks" posted for 50% above retail when soldering iron texture melt jobs and titanium internal parts.  It is rare to see them sell for the asking price!
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 3:17:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Your trigger may add some value, but chopping the barrel and cerakoating it is not something most people would pay extra for. My best guess depending on condition  is some where around $350 if doing a face to face.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top