Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2013 10:54:56 AM EDT
Couldn't find any info so wanted to add this thread.  On sale this month from Century for $179.  SOG has them too but higher shipping I think.  The 50 came with broken grips--could see into frame from both sides, nothing the brown new bakelite grips from CDNN for $20 couldn't fix!!  Wrote more but deleted so enjoy pics til later!  

Link Posted: 3/28/2013 2:29:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Been playing with the cz50 since 88'.  These are generally surplus Czech Ministry of Interior guns.  Look for a NB50- NB52(last two digits year of date) on the front strap of the grip.  This is the Interior Acceptence Stamp/proof and can sometimes be found with the crossed swords (Military Proof). Theses were made at the Strakonice
Factory  (sn range 650001-740000).  Production stop to concentrate on cz52 production.  In 1957 commercial production was resumed at the Uhersky Brod factory.  A system of 5 digits and with or without a letter prefis is used. The cz70 was a major cosmetic upgrade later in the 1970-82.  It was replaced by the cz82/83 series.

cz50/70 magazines are interchangable and you can use Walther PP 7.65 mags.  Also when looking for holsters they'll fit those marked for Walther PP.  Has a three way safety, up for fire, middle off safe (cocked and locked), and all the way down will decock and spring back up to safe mode.  DA trigger is ALWAYS stiff and heavy.  I carry mine cocked and locked for that reason.  I've owned four 50s that I picked up in Germany in the late 80s and continued to find them in Iraq.  Best ammo to use in them are European hot FMJs, ie Hirtenberger, S&B and Fiochii.  Since there is no slide stop externally (slide will lock open on last round), remove mag, pull slide back and insert left trigger finger into ejection port (holding pistol in right hand and hold slide back with trigger finger) and push up on the lever to hold slide back.

CD
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#2]
What lever are you referring to to lock the slide back--is it inside the breech block area?

I shot them today.  Although both recoil springs are slightly bent, they functioned perfectly and shot very well.  No function problems whatsoever with Fiocchi.

These would be a great find.  I wish I would have been into guns when I was in Germany in the late 80's, what a cool souvenir of service.

Now off to find Walther 7.65 PP mags!
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 4:01:00 PM EDT
[#3]
chickendaddy,

Roger, inside the slide.  Part #12, Hold Open Latch and Ejector.  Magazine follower pushes it up when empty to hold slide back.  You can do the same with your finger if you don't have a empty magzine on either the CZ50/70 or Wather PP series.

CD
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#4]
OK--I can confirm that Walther PP mags do not hold the slide back on my 50 or 70.  They do not eject from either but I can at least easily pull them out of the 50--but I will not insert another one into my 70 ever again!  The PP mags do not sit as high in the guns as the stock mags and the feed lips are sized differently.  Are you sure you meant WALTHER PP mags?
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#5]
CD,

I've got one Walther PP flat base mag that works in my CZ50.  Never had a CZ70 to confirm.

CD
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#6]
These were the newer mec-gars with finger pinky floorplates--but even when I took the pinky plates off (they're flat underneath), they still didn't work.  :(
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top