Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2007 1:31:18 PM EST
I'm just starting to look into the CZ-75s and I'm used to the HK USP and the Beretta 92. Those have a decocker so you can lower the hammer with a round in the chamber. The CZ seems to be unique in that it is a DA pistol, you can carry it cocked and locked, but it has no decocker lever. Is the DA feature just a second strike capability if the round fails to fire? Or is there a safe way to lower the hammer?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:46:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/26/2007 1:54:08 PM EST by MonkeyGrip]

Originally Posted By ardave:
is there a safe way to lower the hammer?

Absolutely.

With the thumb and forefinger.

carefully.

I enjoy it.

manual decocking
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:01:34 PM EST
Yep, unless you get the D model, which has no safety, you manually put the hammer down. No problem to do, and it is designed that way.

-Corn
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:40:48 PM EST
yes. if your concerned about decocking, get the 75-BD. it has the "decoker" but no thumb safety.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:09:30 PM EST
I used to have a PCR--compact decocker. That decocks it only to the half-cock notch. Now I have a regular B compact. So if I want to carry it da/sa do I thumb down the hammer all the way or just to the half-cock notch? If the former, is there anything wrong with having it on the half-cock notch?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:52:12 PM EST
I have a P01 that has a decocker but prefer the manual saftey version on my 75 because the trigger seems a little nicer and I have heard it is a lot esier to take the manual saftey pistols apart to do a trigger job and the decockers are a pain.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 5:15:36 PM EST
You can carry it all the way down, or in the notch. With it in the notch the DA pull will be a bit shorter, and maybe a tad easier. I tried carry for a while with it in the notch, but the hammer bit into my side quite a bit in that position. Now I carry it all the way down.

-Corn
Top Top