Well looks like the Kahr / NYPD drama continues. The NYPD has removed the Kahr K9 9mm pistol from the list of authorized off duty pistols and recalling all pistols after about a year and a half of serious problems of which I will outline in bullet format :
1. There have been 46 catostrophic structures failures with the K9
2. These failures have not been isolated to a single part.
3. There have been many , many parts breaking after only a couple hundred rounds fired.
4. Major quality control lapses , such as 40 caliber parts in the 9mm K9 .
5. Extrememly poor quality springs on the gun such a the recoil spring which often needs to be replaced after only 300-400 rds.
6. The trigger spring taking a set down to as low as 4 lbs !!!
Anyway it appears as if Kahr has gone over FTU's head and hired a big shot to lobby for them at One Police Plaza . So as of now there will be no action taken , no massive recall during a "moritorium" to reevaluate the situation.
I think Kahrs problem is that they got too big too fast . They made an excellent line up of guns. I think they just need to slow down and re -group.
Anyway just thought you all would like some info
So much for the Glock being the KABOOM King.......