Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2003 3:53:37 AM EDT
Just bought my first 1911 model, a Kimber Ultra Carry II!!!  Although VA recognizes the "one gun a month" statute, my county (Fairfax) has a 3 day waiting period.  I pick it up on Monday.

I'd appreciate any advice on recommended loads and ammo manufacturers for carry and practice.  Many thanks!!  
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 12:34:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I also have an Ultra Carry II.  I placed the Hogue grips on it and have bee extremely pleased with the pistol.

I have mainly shot Winchester white box (230 gr) and UMC (230 gr) through mine, also some 230 gr reloads I purchased at a gun show.  This ammo is usually high quality and have not had a FTF with it.  I did by some of the ARMSCOR (Phillipine?) ammo.  Had one FTF out of 200 rounds.  Have not used it since.  Wanted to break the gun in more before I used it again.  I used the UMC ammo to qualify for my Texas CCW.

Will probably stay with the 230 gr ball, because it prints well with that ammo.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Not related to Kimber in particular, but I did shoot some Armscor .40 S&W in two different guns, and it jammed like hell in both of them. It's crap ammo that I won't ever put in another of my guns.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Winchester value pak's from Walmart $19.99 a hundred.

Corbon or Speer Gold dot in 230gr JHP for carry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top