Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2005 2:24:52 AM EDT
www.impactguns.com/store/341510.html

www.impactguns.com/store/344050.html

Anybody have any experience with these? Know anything about them or could point me in the right direction? I'm kinda interested, but I don't want to spend that kinda scratch on a piece of junk.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:51:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Uberti was recently bought by Beretta.

Uberti has always made some very nice replica's of the Colt Single Action, and the Winchester Lever rifles.

In the past 15 years or so, due to the booming Cowboy shooting sport, Uberti's quality has gotten better.

Most of the replica firearms are made by them, and marketed under both their own name or under the names of importers.

These are sold by Dixie Gun Works, Navy Arms, Cimmarron Arms, EMF, and others over the years.

Apparently Uberti will make slightly better or less finish guns for importers wanting either a top quality, or a lesser priced gun.

Usually guns sold under the Uberti name, or by Cimmarron or Navy Arms are the top quality.
Guns sold by EMF and often Dixie are "sometimes" slightly lesser quality in finish.
It requires comparing guns side by side to determine the slight difference.

While the Uberti guns aren't up to Colt or USFA in quality, they're very good, and make perfect shooters.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:21:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm going out to pick up mine right now. Bought it Thursday night and my 72 hours is up!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Uberti.  Top notch, I have three.  

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an EMF reproduction Remington 1875, been told it was likely actually made by Uberti
very nice looking gun. shoots pretty well too

www.emf-company.com/1875-remington-single-action-revolver.htm
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I think their Schofield remake may be my next handgun. Current Uberti's are head & shoulders above their earlier models, IMO.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Excellent firearms. I have a Walker Colt made by them. Its superb.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:41:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I think their Schofield remake may be my next handgun. Current Uberti's are head & shoulders above their earlier models, IMO.

that one really catches the eyes........will also be looking at that one if I can ever find one to actually handle.........
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

While the Uberti guns aren't up to Colt or USFA in quality, they're very good, and make perfect shooters.

I wouldn't go that far, my Uberti SAA is just as good a quality as my 1st gen and 2nd gen Colt SAAs, even to the point as having the front sight off center by just a touch

Don't take that to mean their quality is not good, mine is top notch, shot thousands of rounds out of it (replaced springs, hammer and hand, but that is to be expected after around 10,000 rounds or so)

Their other clones (Colt conversion, Schofield) are really good quality, the Schofield is better quality than the originals, though the tolerances are too tight to fire lots of Black Powder reliably, especially in the Schofield.

the new Colts can hardly be considered accurate reproductions, far too many changes.

As for Beretta buying them out, they did. The Beretta stampede guns are good, but have a transfer bar (that soem report having troubles with) they still make the original copies as Uberti did (I think even with Uberti stamps)
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:07:39 PM EDT
[#9]
My Cimarron Arms 5 1/2" Model P is very well built and finished. It's also a blast to shoot.

ETA: Also, they are built on the original Colt 1872/1874 patents.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that one really catches the eyes........will also be looking at that one if I can ever find one to actually handle.........

If I handle one, I may not be able to hand it back! The short barrel version (3"?  4"?) appeals to me something fierce!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I handle one, I may not be able to hand it back! The short barrel version (3"?  4"?) appeals to me something fierce!

That is what happened to me, Though I could not get their "Well's Fargo Special" it sold too fast I did get the 7" model though. It  shoots very well and is tighter than any No 3 Smith I have ever owned or shot (though I ma sure age played soemwhat into that)

If you buy one in .45 colt you will not regret it. Get the newest one you can, and clean it well. (they are oiled pretty fierce from the factory)
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Any opinions on the Millenium 4.75" 45LC for $260?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'm not familiar with this model. Uberti makes this?? I thought Taurus has the Millenium model?????
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not familiar with this model. Uberti makes this?? I thought Taurus has the Millenium model?????

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top