Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2005 3:50:39 PM EDT
Are the Model 26 + 27s produced in the US or Austria?  How are the US produced Glocks are far as quality control and reliability?  Thanks

-vato
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:13:07 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Are the Model 26 + 27s produced in the US or Austria?  How are the US produced Glocks are far as quality control and reliability?  Thanks

-vato

I can't speak about the difference in quality but right now only the G17/22/31 frames are being produced here in the states. I think the plan is to have the G19/23 sized frames in production by the end of the year. So to answer your question; no the G26/27 are not being made in the US yet but they will be eventually.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#2]
M4arc,
Thanks for the response.  I am thinking about picking up a Model 27 in the near future, just wanted to see where they were made.  I definitely want one produced in Europe.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:48:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I would love to compare a US made frame to an Austria made one. I imagine that there are a bunch out there and so far I haven't heard anyone complain so maybe they are out there and no one knows it?

I know that Glock spent a boat load of money on the manufacturing equipment so I imagine they are fine.

I want a US made G17 for the collection
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:37:12 AM EDT
[#4]
i think with glock exacting standards there would be little to no difference in the US / Austrian Glocks.  A lot of the techs at the US plant were trained in Austria as well as Austrian techs coming here to set up the equipment.

i imagine you'd be able to shuffle a bunch of US / Austrian parts in a bag and assemble guns at random and you'd have no problem.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:53:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I would love to compare a US made frame to an Austria made one. I imagine that there are a bunch out there and so far I haven't heard anyone complain so maybe they are out there and no one knows it?

I know that Glock spent a boat load of money on the manufacturing equipment so I imagine they are fine.

I bought a US made G17.With a serial number under #200.I was worried it just a step above a prototype.But after about 700 rounds she works just fine.No complaints.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:14:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Could anyone who has a USA made GLOCK post of pic of the reciever (right side)?  I'd like to see it...
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 10:19:26 AM EDT
[#7]
The only thing I don't like about the idea of Glock manufacturing weopons here, is that environmental laws make it dificult to do the same finish.  I have an older G23 that has the nice, flat black finish.  The three new ones in my shooting group, however, are all some what shiny.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 11:10:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The only thing I don't like about the idea of Glock manufacturing weopons here, is that environmental laws make it dificult to do the same finish.  I have an older G23 that has the nice, flat black finish.  The three new ones in my shooting group, however, are all some what shiny.

That's why they're only making the frames here.  THe finish has nothing to do with environmental laws, it's the tennifer treatment that is the problem.  given that the slide assemblies are still made in europe, no problem at all.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 11:14:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bought a US made G17.With a serial number under #200.I was worried it just a step above a prototype.But after about 700 rounds she works just fine.No complaints.

That is great news! Thanks for sharing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top