Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 9:56:43 AM EDT
Does anyone elses dent the hell out of some brass? I just got off the phone with Springfield and they assured me that this was normal.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#1]
my old Thompson did that.  Something to do with the non-flared ejection port.  You could always tweak the ejector face and extractor tension, but you might be sacrificing reliability for pretty empties.  An 18 lb recoil spring could also work by slowing the slide down and making ejection a little less violent.  

A more costly fix would be to have your ejection port lowered and flared.

Personally, if it works, I wouldn't tinker on it.  (but then, I don't reload either)
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:05:59 PM EDT
[#2]
That is exactly what Springfield told me. They offered to flare my ejection port, but I am sure that is $$$$$. I don't reload, I just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with it. Thanks for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top