Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 12/20/2005 5:06:18 PM EDT
Hello,
Does anyone have a insight M-3 on there compact 9/40? Can you snap a pic? Does it stick way out past the end of the barrel?
Thanks
Chip
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:46:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hello,
Does anyone have a insight M-3 on there compact 9/40? Can you snap a pic? Does it stick way out past the end of the barrel?
Thanks
Chip

I'm not too sure about the M3, but dont waste your time with a UTL. I just sent mine back for repair for the second time. UTL's just arn't tough enough for every day use.

And now to hijack your thread, does anyone know of an adapter that will adapt an X200 to a USP?

TIA,

D.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Surefire has an adapter that will fit an x200 to a UTL...but I haven't found a good dealer that sells surefire products....?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#3]
GG&G has a light adapter for the HK USP and the USPc.......

I think someone else offers a mount that's plastic too.....
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#4]
HK to 1913 rail adapter for $20.

Surprisingly, most people who have used both prefer this one over the GG&G. I have not used either myself.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:30:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you all. I'm going to look into the Adapters.

D.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:44:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hello,
Thanks
Chip

Hollowhandle,
I apologies for hijacking you're thread. Did you ever get a picture of the Compact W/ M3?

I don't want to discourage you from getting the M3 if that is what you really want but I have used the M3, UTL and now just put an X200 on a 1911. I have not tourture tested the X200 yet, but have on the UTL and it had died twice now around the 600 round mark. The switch seems to be made very weak. The switch on the M3 seems to be much better and much sturdier, I also like the horizontal switch better that the vertical, like the UTL. The only problem that I have seen with the M3 is the bulbs seem to not take shock to well and a replacement is nessesary to have around. This may not be an issue if you don't pound a lot of rounds with it or bang it around.

If you are not going to shoot a lot of rounds and are wanting the light for personal defense at home and room clearing, then it probably will work fine for you.

If you haven't purchased a light yet and you don't mind paying a little more, I would suggest looking into the X200. Like I said earlier I haven't tourture tested my new X200 but I hope to get about 1000 rounds out of it in the next few weeks. I really like the new switch, press directly forward with little pressure for momentary illumination or toggle up or down for constant on or off, equally adaptable for right or lefties. I also am impressed with aluminium frame and shrouded bezel, it looks and feels to be much stouter than the M3/UTL.

Whatever you end up getting, go out and practice with it. You're grip will change a little and you should get used to this. Night shooting will change your POI depending wich direction it is comming from and how it hits the front sight and or illuminates it.

Good shooting to ya all

D.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top