Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 3/12/2011 7:42:06 AM EST
So I picked up my first HK. A USPc .40 DAO LEM. I absolutely love it. The only thing I would like to replace are the sights. It came with the night sights, but I would really like to have fiber optic as well to get the glow during the day. Another option I am thinking about is just switching out the front sight with a combo night/day sight. The 3 white dots just seem to blur together. Hard to focus on both them and the target at the same time with my crappy vision I guess.

Anyone have any thoughts/ideas or parts they recommend?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 2:08:37 PM EST
Trijicon green/green front and rear. I have them on both my HK's.

I'm not a fan of fiber optic sights since I've seen them fly off during shooting competitions.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 4:50:27 PM EST
Originally Posted By Furyataurus:

I'm not a fan of fiber optic sights since I've seen them fly off during shooting competitions.

Thanks for the reply!

Well my model already came w/ Tru Dot green/green night sights. The problem is that during the day, they are white and they blend together. I guess I was hoping to find a front sight replacement sold by itself.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:40:07 PM EST
Originally Posted By Mortis03:

Thanks for the reply!

Well my model already came w/ Tru Dot green/green night sights. The problem is that during the day, they are white and they blend together. I guess I was hoping to find a front sight replacement sold by itself.

I see, I never knew that tru dot sights went to completely white during the day. The Trijicons have a white outer ring with the green insert in the middle.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:52:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/13/2011 3:58:31 PM EST by Mortis03]

Thanks for the reply!

I see, I never knew that tru dot sights went to completely white during the day. The Trijicons have a white outer ring with the green insert in the middle.

Yeah, maybe these are the 'cheap-basic' line of sights because they come with the model I got, hehe. A green front during the day would be nice for sure.

Edit:

This is what I have I think:
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=476345

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:08:46 AM EST

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, maybe these are the 'cheap-basic' line of sights because they come with the model I got, hehe. A green front during the day would be nice for sure.

Edit:

Yeah, spend the extra $30 and get the trijicons instead.

HK P2000 Trijicon
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:10:15 AM EST
How old is the gun? I'd be willing to buy the sights off you when you replace them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:35:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/14/2011 4:39:18 PM EST by Mortis03]
My bad... double tap
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:37:24 PM EST
Originally Posted By MtBiker:
How old is the gun? I'd be willing to buy the sights off you when you replace them.

I just might have to take you up on that. It is less than I year old.

Thanks for the reply!

Edit:

Yeah, spend the extra $30 and get the trijicons instead.

HK P2000 Trijicon

Well, I might, but like I said, they came with it.

The ones you linked to said they show as white spots in the day. That would be what I have now.

Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top