Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 1/5/2006 8:16:39 AM EDT
The last 2 times I've been to the range I brought my Para P14 and HK Expert. I've always shot great with both pistols but I rarely shoot both in one trip.

First trip, I used the Para no surprises shot as good as when I last did, then the expert, same deal. While shooting the HK though the grip started to feel too squarish. While I shot great with it, it felt like I couldnt get as comfortable a hold on it as I could with my para. In addition to that, flicking the safety on and off felt more awkward too.  Last trip was the same thing I went home feeling like something is missing with the grip....

I still like the accuracy of the expert, no doubt its a great gun. It shoots as well if not better out of the box than my para which only does well after years of tinkering and many dollars spent. But I keep wondering now if I really want the expert that much. It seems like the 1911 design feels way more comfotable and is easier to point.

Do you guys with 1911s and USPs feel the same way? Is there a way to at least get a more comfortable, 1911ish feel to them? Would one of those Hogue wraparound grips make the problem better or worse?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:40:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Well here is my thoughts.  I have a SA ultra compact 1911 and a USP tactical.  Im not a big guy.  Yes I feel like the 1911's are more comfortable in the hand but not enuff for it to make that much of a difference.  Ill take the USP's capacity over the comfort of a 1911.  The USP will shoot anything my 1911 isn't tinkered or tuned its straight from the box and will only shoot ball.  I love both but I'll keep the USP.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:10:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I put Houge handalls on both my USP 45 and Expert 45, I didn;t like the grip before, love it now.  For $7 give it a try
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top