Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2003 8:25:20 AM EDT
Does anyone have experience using suppressors with this pistol?  The Gem-Tech website says their suppressor "may not" cycle the pistol.  Are there other suppressors that will definitely cycle this pistol?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 8:26:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep.  Knight's USP45T.  
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 8:37:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Is this item shown on their website.  Can't seem to find it.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 8:42:56 AM EDT
[#3]
nope.  IM coldblue for a spec sheet, he may be able to get you one.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Also CCFA

This is the same design as the Brugger & Thomet suppressor.

The B&T can is the only one that HK says will NOT void the lifetime warranty. (But you can not get a B&T can in the states)
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 8:52:13 AM EDT
[#5]
actually, that's not right.  In the US, Knight's is the only one that won't void the warranty.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 8:59:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry, I had read that on their old wesite a while back. (its not on the new one yet)

Link Posted: 11/12/2003 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I like that CCFA carbon fiber can.  Too bad it doesn't work with H&K's warranty.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Dumb question - suppose I use a CCFA can and my HK eventually needs repair work.  How can HK tell I used a non certified suppressor?  Do they research your class 3 license??
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 3:30:27 PM EDT
[#9]
No, they can tell from wear and damage that you were using a suppressor.  I suppose they'd then ask you to show your Form 4 to prove you were using an approved unit.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:38:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Thing is, CCFA has great customer service and their can’s are field serviceable…meaning you can rotate the elements yourself. Knights are welded in and because of this, the elements don’t last as long…it’s kind of like not rotating the tires on your car.

I’ve been trying to contact Knights for the past two weeks but they never return calls. Has anyone shot both the CCFA can and the Knights…whatcha think?

CCFA told me it’s just Sterling HK that they don’t have a relationship with and because of that, HK-VA sends their customers to Knights, but if there ever were a warranty problem, CCFA would send your gun to HK Germany.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:04:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Thing is, CCFA has great customer service and their can’s are field serviceable…meaning you can rotate the elements yourself. Knights are welded in and because of this, the elements don’t last as long…it’s kind of like not rotating the tires on your car.

This is a joke, right? Whoever told you this did so to sell you a suppressor.

The internals of the KAC OHG can will outlive you, and most likely your grandchildren. It is welded together to prevent users with the mechanical aptitude of a pencil sharpener from improper disassembly (or rather improper re-assembly) of the suppressor.

The only dispute to this would be if you fired the can abusively in full-auto, say on a specially adapted UMP (been there), and even then the lifespan would be in the high thousand's.

Hope this helps,
Clint
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 1:50:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is a joke, right? Whoever told you this did so to sell you a suppressor.

The internals of the KAC OHG can will outlive you, and most likely your grandchildren. It is welded together to prevent users with the mechanical aptitude of a pencil sharpener from improper disassembly (or rather improper re-assembly) of the suppressor.

The only dispute to this would be if you fired the can abusively in full-auto, say on a specially adapted UMP (been there), and even then the lifespan would be in the high thousand's.

Hope this helps,
Clint

I KNOW who said that originally, it was Larry at CCFA.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top