Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/3/2009 6:25:35 PM EST
Im building a USP Match, curious to know if any of you guys have one. I know its not practical, is front heavy, etc. I have always liked this gun, even before stupid Tomb Raider came out.

Any owners, chime in with experiences!

So far I have the Stainless USP and the weight. I have a 6 inch barrel on order from Jarvis. I cant decide if I want the Match Sights or stick with the standards. I dont know about the trigger either.

Link Posted: 9/3/2009 6:46:17 PM EST
I'm a match owner. I like it, it shoots great. I bought mine cheap...

I like the tactical model better!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 6:51:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By lloydkristmas:
Im building a USP Match, curious to know if any of you guys have one. I know its not practical, is front heavy, etc. I have always liked this gun, even before stupid Tomb Raider came out.

So far I have the Stainless USP and the weight. I have a 6 inch barrel on order from Jarvis. I cant decide if I want the Match Sights or stick with the standards. I dont know about the trigger either.

Definitly need the Match trigger. The gun is balanced and shoots dead on. The jarvis barrel is not polygonal. Cancel order and buy Expert barrel
or Tactical barrel from HK to go with your weight. There was a dude sell custom wieghts on gunbroker but did not have HK name on it so IMHO not worth no more the $25.

Link Posted: 9/3/2009 8:54:40 PM EST
Originally Posted By singtoe:

Definitly need the Match trigger. The gun is balanced and shoots dead on. The jarvis barrel is not polygonal. Cancel order and buy Expert barrel
or Tactical barrel from HK to go with your weight. There was a dude sell custom wieghts on gunbroker but did not have HK name on it so IMHO not worth no more the $25.

But then the barrel will be shorter than the front of the weight......A member over at HKPro advised me that shooting the Match with a barrel less than the normal six inches could damage the weight or the gun....Basically, he said, that either the weight could crack because of the muzzle blast pressure, or that the open top of the weight would cause downward pressure to be exerted on the pistols frame, possibly damaging it. Any thoughts on this?

Link Posted: 9/4/2009 3:06:00 AM EST
Sounds like BS to me. And if any thing, you want downward preasure for repeat shots any way.. Any way, The expert, the tactical and the elite barrels are extended and would fit the match wieght anyway. Plus, they are polygonal and the have the o-ring cut more accuarcy (maybe a myth).

My advice, Cancel the jarvis and get a tactical threaded barrel and use it with the weight or without.

I just had a thought, If can't cancel the barrel, have Jarvis compensate the end of the barrel with 3 or 4 slots on the top of the barrel. It will make the gun more accurate, it will make the opening on the top of the weight functional and it would be one of a kind, because nobody else would have it...
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 11:04:42 AM EST
Sounds like BS to me. And if any thing, you want downward preasure for repeat shots any way.. Any way, The expert, the tactical and the elite barrels are extended and would fit the match wieght anyway. Plus, they are polygonal and the have the o-ring cut more accuarcy (maybe a myth).

My advice, Cancel the jarvis and get a tactical threaded barrel and use it with the weight or without.

I just had a thought, If can't cancel the barrel, have Jarvis compensate the end of the barrel with 3 or 4 slots on the top of the barrel. It will make the gun more accurate, it will make the opening on the top of the weight functional and it would be one of a kind, because nobody else would have it...

Hmmm I wonder what the cost of an elite or expert barrel is though.....Im guessing in the 300 dollar range at least..

Link Posted: 9/4/2009 11:17:19 AM EST

Hmmm I wonder what the cost of an elite or expert barrel is though.....Im guessing in the 300 dollar range at least..

It's only money
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 12:39:46 PM EST

Hmmm, I wonder what the cost of a real Match USP is though.... I'm guessing in the 2,000 dollar range at least...
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 1:24:52 PM EST

Hmmm, I wonder what the cost of a real Match USP is though.... I'm guessing in the 2,000 dollar range at least...

Ass
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 2:19:07 PM EST
ha ha
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 9:59:49 PM EST
I would sure like to be able to convert my USP to match, and be able to change out the barrel and everything. One of the TGScom sites has USP barrels for $150 that are ported/compensated.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 10:33:27 PM EST
Originally Posted By HKsnipes:
I would sure like to be able to convert my USP to match, and be able to change out the barrel and everything. One of the TGScom sites has USP barrels for $150 that are ported/compensated.

Which site is that? Could you post or send a link my way? Im in the market for a barrel right now.

Heres mine in current config

Link Posted: 9/9/2009 1:14:40 PM EST
I like mine.

I went with the Jarvis barrel. No issues there, they make good stuff. HK match weight, Stock match (Tactical) sights, match trigger and jet funnel.

Link Posted: 9/9/2009 6:26:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/9/2009 6:27:53 PM EST by HKsnipes]

Which site is that? Could you post or send a link my way? Im in the market for a barrel right now.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/lloydkristmas/aaronandy3.jpg

No problemo

http://www.hk-usp.com/category/178-HK_Pistol_Barrels.aspx

Thats a beauty you got there. Not sure if I can have that option with my compact since the HK rail is shorter (i think), but damn, I want to do that.

where did you get the weight if thats not an actual "Match?" How much did it cost?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:16:53 PM EST

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/lloydkristmas/aaronandy3.jpg

No problemo

http://www.hk-usp.com/category/178-HK_Pistol_Barrels.aspx

Thats a beauty you got there. Not sure if I can have that option with my compact since the HK rail is shorter (i think), but damn, I want to do that.

where did you get the weight if thats not an actual "Match?" How much did it cost?

It was custom milled by a guy over at HKPRO.com

Cost 150 bucks

Im waiting on Jarvis to get their match length barrels in stock
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top