Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
9/16/2019 10:09:13 PM
Posted: 11/30/2011 4:12:22 PM EDT
I finally got around to posting a picture of my USPc .45 to compare short and long TiRants. I looked around for a picture like this for a while and never found one so hopefully this can help someone else out with their decision. The short handled great and in my opinion looks a lot better, but unfortunately I don't have any experience with shooting either yet so I can't comment on performance.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q72/freeborn60/USP%20Pictures/USPC45.jpg
Link Posted: 12/1/2011 6:38:22 PM EDT
THANK YOU!

I have been looking for a shot like this. With suppressors being legal in MI now I am looking at ordering the short model Ti-Rant 9. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 5:39:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Thumbtack:
THANK YOU!

I have been looking for a shot like this. With suppressors being legal in MI now I am looking at ordering the short model Ti-Rant 9. Thanks again.

No problem, I know how you feel...all I ever found was one picture of a compact tactical with the long TiRant 45 at an awkward angle so it was hard to tell exactly what it would look like. Also, I believe the short TiRant 9 is around 5" in length whereas the short TiRant 45 (pictured above) is almost 6.5", so keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 8:53:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By freeborn60:
Originally Posted By Thumbtack:
THANK YOU!

No problem, I know how you feel...all I ever found was one picture of a compact tactical with the long TiRant 45 at an awkward angle so it was hard to tell exactly what it would look like. Also, I believe the short TiRant 9 is around 5" in length whereas the short TiRant 45 (pictured above) is almost 6.5", so keep that in mind.

I know what you mean. I looked and looked just to say WTF? How can you not have 1 decent picture of the two cans together?!?!

Thanks for the heads up. More I think about it I might get both. Originally I was going to get a few different caliber cans, now I am thinking just 9 and .223 for me. So I think I might get both the long and short models. You only live once.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 7:13:44 PM EDT
Have you fired these yet? Please update us.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 5:32:24 PM EDT
Great picture, I really like how the short one looks on the compact.

Make sure to update with the difference in feel and decibel difference.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 9:44:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Brianvr6:
Have you fired these yet? Please update us.
Thanks!

Yeah. What's the Long and Short of this? (Pun intended)
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:21:09 PM EDT
Sorry to disappoint everyone but I probably won't be able to give a sound comparison...yet. The long TiRant just happened to be at the dealer and the short is still waiting on the transfer. As I mentioned before, the short felt like it handled better but that is really all I can say right now. Hopefully I'll get to shoot both side by side at some point in the future.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top