Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/2/2005 3:44:48 AM EDT
I have been reading that the compact springs could cause failures or problems over time. I ordered the upgraded springs from Gunsprings.com. I cannot fit 9 rounds, 8 is little too tight. I am back to factory springs again, is there something I am missing? Any advice? Different source of springs?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:22:53 AM EDT
You should not be trying to fit more than 8 rounds in any Compact .45 mag, they are only designed for 8. Assuming that is a typo, the Wolff springs do make it difficult to fully load up the 8 rounds at first. What a lot of people do is to force in the 8 rounds if they will go and let them set for a week or two. Or, if you can only get in 7, then put in seven and let it sit for a week or so then get the 8th one in there.
The HK springs will not cause a malfunction per se. They sometimes get week and the first sign of that is that the slide does not lock back after the last shot. I have been shooting two mags for 4 years and they still have the factory springs in them, but then I download by one round. If that has anything to do with them not failing or not I don't know, but it is something I do anyway. I feel that 8 plus 7 in the spare are about 15 more than I will ever need anyway. Since the average "gun fight" is over in 3 rounds, I am not concerned in the least if I am carrying 9 or 8 total in the pistol.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:54:38 PM EDT
Yes that was a typo re: 9 rounds

I have read it a few times in the last couple of months on the internet so I ordered the springs. The fit was so tight I thought something was wrong. I think I will keep the springs around but stay oem for now. Thanks!
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top