Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 10/21/2003 6:51:57 PM EDT
What does this gun look like? Is it different than the USP 45?
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 4:36:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Same-same

"F" means full sized as opposed to the "C" or compact model...I don't believe H&K actually uses this designation for the "F", it's just something guys do to clarify which model they are talking about.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Ikor is correct.

People use USP45F for fullsize, and USP45C for  compact.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 12:09:34 PM EDT
[#3]

USP 45 (F)Full Size))

USP 45 (C)compact))
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:57:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Tac and a Compact 45. The Tac as the same is the full size, with the threaded barrel.

Heres a shameless size comparison pic.

Link Posted: 10/23/2003 2:44:46 PM EDT
[#5]
DUH!!!!!!!!!!!! I have 1!!!
 I shoulda put 2 +2 together. Man I feel like an asshole
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 10:53:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey Dredd308,  I'm under the impression that a USP TACTICAL is basicly a regular USP on steroids.  The tac has the threaded barrel and raised sights???

I've got a USP (.45) and love the thing.  I'm trying to "convert" mine to a tactical version-if this is possible.

I'm 15 minutes from Neb and S. Dakota (suppressor friendly states) and will be making a move to Neb this spring.  I would like to perchase a suppressor for my HK.

Advanced Armament and CCFA make/sell threaded barrels and sound suppressors to match.  Are these options worth a damn?  I know CCFA sells a Vortex flash suppressor for the HK's.  I don't know if the threads will work for both flash and sound suppressor.  I'd really like to get a f/s this month.

Anyone else?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 3:42:51 AM EDT
[#7]
sobekra70;

Don't ever be ashamed to ask less than totally stupid questions. I will guarantee you that there are thousands of other guys out there that would have, or have had the same question in their minds...but YOU had the balls to ask it.

Will Rogers once said "Everybody is ignorant...just on different subjects"!
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 5:25:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hey Dredd308,  I'm under the impression that a USP TACTICAL is basicly a regular USP on steroids.  The tac has the threaded barrel and raised sights???

I've got a USP (.45) and love the thing.  I'm trying to "convert" mine to a tactical version-if this is possible.

Well, here's the most basic thing you can do.

Step 1: Buy Tactical threaded barrel.
Step 2: Drop in that barrel instead of your normal one.
Step 3: Profit.

I suppose you could replace the sights, since it is basically the same gun with "tactical" on the side. Don't honostly see why it wouldn't be different from changing out the sights with say, Trijicons or something.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 5:30:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Newbe, yes the TAC is just a full sized 45 on 'roids. It has the threaded barrel adjustable sights, and "match" trigger.

The threads will work with both the suppressor, and flash hider. Larry at CCFA makes great stuff, and is a very friendly and knowledgeable guy.

Make sure you order the correct stuff. The TAC has left hand threads, and the HK Mark 23 "SOCOM" use Right hand threads.

The flash hider looks really cool. Everybody always asks about it at the range.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:49:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys.  

I believe Glock and HK are the only two manufacturers that use a "polygonal barrel" in their pistols.  I am under the impression that this is much better as it increases the velocity and accuracy of the bullet.  CCFA barrels are rifled-no polygon.  I guess this works great if I ever shoot lead bullets but I always use FMJs.  

I spoke with Larry a while back.  You say to go the CCFA route, eh?  Will do.  

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I believe IMI also uses the polygon rifling. or are they magnum research?  I don't know but I believe the Desert Eagles have it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Kahr also uses polygonal barrels.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I think the poly is just a personal preference thing?  I'm not to sure your target is going to know the difference.

How do you guys like the match trigger?  My USP .45 has a bit of play in the beginning of the pull (slack).  It also seems a bit on the strong side to pull back.  I think Wolfe makes a different spring kit.  

I hear some state that a match trigger on a combat pistol is not ideal in a high stress situation.  I see their point but:  Would not a smoother pull make it easier to keep sights on?  

Also, for myself a smoother pull would make follow-up shots easier.  (Along with a flash suppressor, of course.  He he.)
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top