Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 3/17/2006 10:31:43 AM EDT
Should the USP45 be ejecting spent casings at my forehead?  I've noticed that the brass markings are all on the muzzle end of the ejection port.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Should the USP45 be ejecting spent casings at my forehead?

If you're not holding the gun sideways, no.  

I've noticed that the brass markings are all on the muzzle end of the ejection port.

I'm not sure what you're describing here, sir. Are you saying the ejecting brass is marking the forward end of the port in the slide??????

If so, it sounds to me that possibly the ejector might be a hair too long? That would make it throw the case out too soon, I would think?????????

It's been so long since I stripped my USP, I cannot recall exactly how the ejector sits in there..............
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Should the USP45 be ejecting spent casings at my forehead?

No, but it could happen. Try different ammo. Low powered ammo might do just that.
Yeah, wear a hat.

I've noticed that the brass markings are all on the muzzle end of the ejection port

Mine has those marks. Normal.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think lowered power ammo has anything to do with it. I shoot +P in mine and thats about as hot as it gets off the shelf and it goes off to the right. Maybe its catching the front as stated which is causing it to deflect up and straight back...just a thought.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#4]

I shoot +P in mine and thats about as hot as it gets off the shelf and it goes off to the right

That was my point.
When I shoot wolf ammo, it doesn't throw the shell as far as the right compared to when using Fiocchi.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top