Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/9/2005 11:02:37 PM EDT
As always, thanks for looking

A couple of years ago I bought up one of the last Bar-Sto extended match barrels for my fullsize USP45. I wanted it primarily for it's conventional rifling to shoot my own cast lead reloads. It has served me extremely well in this capacity except for one thing-when dirty it hangs up slightly when closing the slide. When the pistol is clean (first 150 rounds or so) it functions fine, but after it gets dirty the slide doesn't always close fully without help. If I slowly ride the slide I can feel a slight hitch before the barrel locks fully into battery.

What I'm looking for is a smith who can do some minor fitting to eliminate this.

Any suggestions? The guys around here are better suited to trigger jobs and refinishing-I don't know of any willing (or able) to hand stone a barrel hood for proper fit.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:36:20 AM EDT
I would first call H&K & ask who they might recommend? Might shoot Big Bore an IM as well?

Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:54:07 PM EDT
Will do. Thank you
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:14:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2005 8:15:17 PM EDT by G3k]
I haven't ever had him do any work but Bruce Gray of Grayguns works on USPs and might be able to help out.I guess he does really good work, used to shoot on H&Ks shooting team I believe.
His email should be Grayguns@aol.com.

Good luck!
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top