Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2005 10:52:22 PM EDT
Anyone seen this one yet?

www.usfirearms.com/cat/1911.asp

USFA Automatic 1911™
Military Model  

Features: Military polish Armory Blue, Browning’s original wide design, standard walnut grips, 7+1 magazine, 45 ACP, fire blue appointments, 1905 patent dates, grip safety, small contoured checkered thumb safety and spur hammer with hand cut checkering.

This is a prototype of a new product. The USFA 1911 is not yet in production and there is no further information or date available.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:44:30 PM EDT
[#1]
looks nice............but at 1500 bucks, it's overpriced for a couple of rollmarks. for that much money you can find a nice USGI one that will only go up in value, that this wannabe won't.

BTW I have never heard of this gun maker........are they new?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:30:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:38:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I looked at their website, from the first post,  and it doesn't say squat about them.......how long they been in business etc... at least none that I could find.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:22:06 AM EDT
[#4]
USFA makes some pretty awesome Single-Action Army clones.  If they can make a 1911 as good, this would be something to watch.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:54:41 AM EDT
[#5]
USFA is probably closer to being a Colt than the any modern Colt.  They have a lot of the old factory stuff, and their bluing is exactly like the old Colt bluing.  It's really a neat company.  Now, as for price...

I would find a real Colt personally.  mobius couldn't be more on the money.  By the way, it's not a brand new company, and I'll see if I can dig up an old copy of American Handgunner that discusses some of their history.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah the local dealer here has at least 7 at last count?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:57:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I do not believe USFA has any of them out as of yet. It is a prototype. USFA makes very good SAAs tho. Colts 1911 reissue is 5 to 600 bucks cheaper and is carbonia blued to boot .  It's also not made on any of the old tooling or anything of the sort. It's a copy of a copy, nothing wrong with that but since USFA has not been around all that long it's BS to say anything else. I do like it and they did do the 2 tone mags to go along with it which is period correct. A REAL USGI 1911 or A1 is the way to go if you can find one tho and for 1500 bucks you should be able to find a nice one that will appreciate as time goes by.  BTW the bluing is "fire Blue" on the USFA pictured. sweet and beautiful but it remains to be seen if it can be brought to production properly. It's easy to do ONE gun, much harder and costly to actually tool up a run.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:07:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
USFA is probably closer to being a Colt than the any modern Colt.  They have a lot of the old factory stuff, and their bluing is exactly like the old Colt bluing.  It's really a neat company.  Now, as for price...

I would find a real Colt personally.  mobius couldn't be more on the money.  By the way, it's not a brand new company, and I'll see if I can dig up an old copy of American Handgunner that discusses some of their history.  

How about the s-70 reissue and the 1911 reissue? I have both and they are pretty darn close to the original design. I am somewhat POed tho that Colt could not do a two tone mag tho for the 1911 reissue, woulda been the period at the end of the sentence. Oh well.......
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:31:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I do not believe USFA has any of them out as of yet. It is a prototype. USFA makes very good SAAs tho. Colts 1911 reissue is 5 to 600 bucks cheaper and is carbonia blued to boot .  It's also not made on any of the old tooling or anything of the sort. It's a copy of a copy, nothing wrong with that but since USFA has not been around all that long it's BS to say anything else. I do like it and they did do the 2 tone mags to go along with it which is period correct. A REAL USGI 1911 or A1 is the way to go if you can find one tho and for 1500 bucks you should be able to find a nice one that will appreciate as time goes by.  BTW the bluing is "fire Blue" on the USFA pictured. sweet and beautiful but it remains to be seen if it can be brought to production properly. It's easy to do ONE gun, much harder and costly to actually tool up a run.

I meant original 1911's they run 1500 a piece, one is a navy pistol that comes with a certification paper it runs 2000. But it is a living piece of history. Damn I wish I could take some photos.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#10]
tag.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I meant original 1911's they run 1500 a piece, one is a navy pistol that comes with a certification paper it runs 2000. But it is a living piece of history. Damn I wish I could take some photos.

A true Navy 1911 in good to very good condition with the original parts, would be a heck of a buy even at 2K. If verified I'd think nothing of dropping that much on a nice one.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#13]
If it were original, I wouldn't have a problem with that price.   For a brand new piece with pretty grips, it's a strech.  No extended trigger, normal hammer, no beavertail, basic sights, normal safety and slide release, and no checkering....I bet it's got a normal guide rod too.  It looks like a nice pistol but seems a little spendy for what you get.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:23:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
USFA makes some pretty awesome Single-Action Army clones.  If they can make a 1911 as good, this would be something to watch.  

Their SAA clones are awesome.

Arent they in they in old COlt factory ?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:26:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
If it were original, I wouldn't have a problem with that price.   For a brand new piece with pretty grips, it's a strech.  No extended trigger, normal hammer, no beavertail, basic sights, normal safety and slide release, and no checkering....I bet it's got a normal guide rod too.  It looks like a nice pistol but seems a little spendy for what you get.

I am sure your joking around, but if'in you aint.....

Dude it aint a Loaded Springer or Kimber. It is intended to be in its orginal form.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Their SAA clones are awesome.

Arent they in they in old COlt factory ?

They were in the Old Colt Factory with all of the Old Colt Tooling, I believe they are in a new building now about a mile from the old one
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:33:45 PM EDT
[#17]
What's with the grips, reminds me of a ballester-molina.  Never seen a 1911 with US Navy markings, even though the two-tone mags are a nice touch.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top