Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 5:05:33 PM EDT
Well I got it back today 22 Febuary ..They recived it the 1st of Febuary......
All I've got to say is GLOCK is outstanding for they'er customer service,,,,turn around time and what they DID to my G21.....WOW...Looks and feels like a NEW gun...
This is what they did..
Slide has been refinished for FREE....Pay  attention''Esq1118""
.....Ejection port has been re-angled..Looks like the angle has been decreased....
New extractor...
Trigger components have been exchanged out from the black oxide I use to have to the new chrome plated internals...I am talking about all the trigger complonents....
New Slide release not extended but standered same as before
And the ramp at the bottom of  the slide"the one that strips a round" looks like it has been redone...If I remeber right,It was a straight ramp and now it has a slight curve...
New retaining pins...
New back plate...Looks like a new pistol..
I will have to go to the range to evaluate it because the trigger does feel very new...
Kinda springy unlike what it was before which was a consistant mush...
You cannot see my pecker tracks on this gun anymore...I use to tear this thing down all the way to bare frame and slide.....
All I can say is if you have an older  G21...Call them and give the your ser#...You to might end up with a new gun..well your old gun but with a new feeling....
As for me WHINNING about the shipping price...
I am not WHINNING anymore.....But now have a shit eating grin.....
All done under warrenty for FREE
Call...www.glock.com/contact_us.htm   what do you have to lose....

How many of you out there with older glocks have sent your piece back to Glock for a free warranty upgrade???
What kind of experiance did you have and did you notice any vast improvement?
I just sent my G21 a 1991 baby with over 50,000 rounds thru it including lots of wolf steel case.
Never missed a beat...O.K. it does not like the Speer 200gr flying ash tray.
But it eats everything eles!!!
There where no issues with my 21 but I did talk to a Tech and he described all the up grades.
Sounded like it would'nt hurt and a free slide refinish...
But that UPS $50.00 shipping charge SUCKED.
OH and ALL 1911's SUCK...Except the one that Alvin York used...But if he had a GLOCK,the war would of ended.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:22:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Be sure to follow up with us after you get it back. I'm curious to hear how she runs and looks upon return.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:03:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I forget what the parts where in the upgrade. I think trigger bar assembly, firing pin safety at the least. I'm lucky-Glock rep was handy

Go to a GSSF match and you may get that upgrade done-maybe a heads up to the Glock guys so they have the stuff there.

I would like to find a gen 1 19

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:29:04 PM EDT
[#3]
One of the upgrades to the G21 was a breech face cut from 90degree to the 15degree so you may get the slide back completely re-finished  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:53:43 PM EDT
[#4]
When my trigger spring broke years ago Glock had my pistol back on my door step six days later.  

On a more recent note I dropped my G19 off at the smith a few days ago to have some night sights installed.  When they disassembled the slide they found I needed the upgrade kit which they said consisted of firing pin/spring, plunger and extractor.  I wish I had sent it to Glock though if they are giving a free refinish...mine sure could use it.

ETA  my smith disassembled the slide because when he dry fired the gun he said it didn't "feel right"
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How many of you out there with older glocks have sent your piece back to Glock for a free warranty upgrade???
What kind of experiance did you have and did you notice any vast improvement?
I just sent my G21 a 1991 baby with over 50,000 rounds thru it including lots of wolf steel case.
Never missed a beat...O.K. it does not like the Speer 200gr flying ash tray.
But it eats everything eles!!!
There where no issues with my 21 but I did talk to a Tech and he described all the up grades.
Sounded like it would'nt hurt and a free slide refinish...
But that UPS $50.00 shipping charge SUCKED.
OH and ALL 1911's SUCK...Except the one that Alvin York used...But if he had a GLOCK,the war would of ended.

What's this about a FREE SLIDE REFINISH man? Last I checked they charged  $60.00 bucks for it at the factory.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#6]
YES A FREE REFINISH!!
That is part of the warrenty upgrade...New guts..Internals....Getting rid of the black hardware I have and installing the current chromed stuff...
They have to mill the slide for the new style extractor and will screw up the original finish...I really did't want it tho...because I am going to add front slide cuts and then moly resin it in a stainless color anyways...
I don't know if this applies to all models but it applies to G21's that fall within a certain serial # range...If you have an older Glock in general....Call and find out if there is a warrenty upgrade allowed on you piece..
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#7]
BTT
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#8]
The re-finish is just the parkerizing correct? I don't much worry about the park on my glocks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:53:18 AM EDT
[#9]
The unplated internals were a subject of a recall from many years ago.  IIRC the main issue was rusty firing pins and subsequent failure.  

A mush trigger is how I describe the 3.5lb disconnector.  I kinda wonder if yours had one installed somewhere along the way.

The free slide refinish is sweet!  Post pictures, man!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes it was a park refinish...Also I had the standered 5lb connector...It just got smooth from being used..
I'll be happy to post pics if someone will explain how to do it???
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#11]
This was just for the older 21's right, the newer ones (05/06) already have this correct?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I would say that yours has  the new upgrades....
But when is the begining and ending,,,, I don't know....Mine is from 1991 ....
But you can check your SER# here.
topglock.com/support_dateyourglock.aspx
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:56:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow that's great! I'll have to send in my 17 and see what happens.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:51:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Is this warranty upgrade you're talking about due to faulty parts, worn parts, or just a design change?  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Before anybody sends in thier pistols...call and speak to a tech rep....
Brass_Belcher  wrote
Is this warranty upgrade you're talking about due to faulty parts, worn parts, or just a design change?

YES YES YES...The ser# series for  my 21 qualified the free work....
I do not regret doing it....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top