Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2016 3:05:35 PM EDT
So for my first question:

My 229 when fully loaded (15) the slide is very hard to rack to make it 15 +1. I think it might be because the 15 rounds in the mag is really tight, making it hard to rack the slide.

Is this normal? My 226 elite is very easy to rack in comparison.

For my second question:

It's a sig p229 EE. I'm gonna order a custom holster . Do I need to order the holster for the p229R? I'm assuming the R stands for rail.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#1]
my 229 EE is also a bit hard to chamber with a full mag, and one of my mags only holds 14 I imagine it will smooth out with time. and yes I believe the R is for rail...
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 4:33:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
my 229 EE is also a bit hard to chamber with a full mag, and one of my mags only holds 14 I imagine it will smooth out with time. and yes I believe the R is for rail...
View Quote

Yeah I have to stand on the mag to fit 15.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a few Mec-Gar mags and as always you can load to capacity and they function great!  whoever is making the Sig mags now (Checker I think) has lost a bit of quality control... my Made in Italy Sig 320 mags are GTG but the newer Made in the USA ( by Checker) I can only fit 14 rounds into some of them also.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I have 12 mec gar mags. I think I'm going to load them up and see how they do in comparison. Maybe it will make racking the slide easier.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#5]
So I loaded up my mec gar mags with 15 rounds and racked the slide...it was substantially easier to cycle than the factory mag.

Is there any reason I should not use my mec gar mags as the mags I use to carry? My concern is the factory magazines make the slide so tight to rack, in the event I have to use the gun, I worry the tight lock up will prevent the gun from cycling properly.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#6]
How many rounds have you shot in this gun?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:06:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How many rounds have you shot in this gun?
View Quote

I just got it, only about 125. No malfunctions.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#8]
OP you need to take about 250 or so rounds and shoot through the gun. Load those mags full and shoot. The mags will loosen up as they're loaded and unloaded
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 4:13:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
OP you need to take about 250 or so rounds and shoot through the gun. Load those mags full and shoot. The mags will loosen up as they're loaded and unloaded
View Quote

Okay I'll go shooting with it this week.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Leave your mags loaded if your not shooting and shoot off more rounds. The mags will loosen up a bit after use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top