Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2009 12:50:13 PM EDT
About 3 years ago I bought a G19(added CTC grip, LWD threaded bbl, and 3.5lb conn). Put like 2 mags through it at the range one day, and completely lost interest in it for my M&P's.

I'm still addicted to M&P's like a crackhead, but I've decided I want another gun to my carry collection. The M&P45 is a bit big to carry sometimes, and I don't always like being limited to my j-frame. So Friday I ordered a G19C(shooting from retention, night vision, oehs teh noes!!!) from BudsGunShop. Also ordered some stuff from Lonewolf - 3.5lb connector, chrome 3-pin kit with extended slide release, Agrip, grip plug, and TruGlo TFO's. Also ordered another CompTac MTAC so I can carry it asap.

The gun and accessories all had about a week wait time so hopefully it all gets in around the same time. Will post pics asap. I'm very excited to get back into a G19, and promise to actually shoot the damn thing this time! This one will stay with my collection forever.

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on getting back over to the dark side!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#2]
SW M&P's are good pistols but their is nothing wrong with diversifying... I am a Glock guy but I have thought about getting an SW M&P just for shits and giggles since I have never owned one and only shot one.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#3]
You might try picking up an M&P45c as well. It's identical in size to the G19.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:29:31 PM EDT
[#4]
good....Glocks are the best!!!  M and p's are Ok, but I have read alot in the LE section on General and some PD's that have gone to them and put them thru some Use have had problems..

I go off to different brands and end back with glock...
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:35:07 PM EDT
[#5]
the 19c is a fun gun! congrats!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Glocks are the only automatic pistols I trust.  I like guns that are accurate and that go bang every time the trigger is pulled.  Seems like, when those two conditions are not met, I lose interest quickly in a firearm.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:10:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I also have been thinking about adding a M&P to my glock stable.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had several M&P's since they first came out. An M&P9c, M&P40c, and my M&P45. Not one single one has ever given me any issues what-so-ever - no FTE, no FTF, nothing. That being said there does seem to be a lot of issues posted about them on mp-pistol, a place I used to frequent daily and call home. I still have faith in my M&P45, but for whatever reason my faith seems to slowly be slipping the more bad shit I read about them.

Anyhoo, picked up the G19C yesterday evening. Already threw in the 3.5lb connector, chrome 3-pin set with extended slide release, and the Agrip. Love the ESR - much easier to hit than the factory release - not that it was particularly hard to engage, or anything. Not sure what I think about the chrome shit yet. Would probably look better with a chrome barrel like I have on my M&P45. I do, however, love the Agrip. Had one on my wife's old Kahr a while back and loved it too. Note: replace connector BEFORE adding Agrip - d'oh! Didn't even dawn on me... until I was using a nail to poke holes through the damn agrip to get that pin out. Live and learn. Now just need to get my TruGlo TFO's installed, and get my MTAC in...

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:49:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Both M&p's and Glocks are GTG in my book. Both are superior IMO to most out of the box handguns in their price range, and even above that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top