Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2011 8:48:48 PM EDT
I am looking for some night sights for my M&P 45.  I have meprolights or trijicons on my other handguns.  Anyone have the TruGlo fiber optics?  I'd like to get some opinions before I decide to get them or not.  How do you like yours versus other night sights?
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 10:28:21 AM EDT
[#1]
They are MIM and the tritium fiber optic capsules have been known to come loose.

I have them on my SIG P220 Carry Equinox, and if it were my every day carry gun I'd change them for something else.

I like them a lot  for the range although I think they are too flimsy for serious use.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have them on my carry gun - Glock 36 and love them.  Really pick up light well in low light and are just as bright as my others at night.  When my other night sights go out I will replace them with Truglos.  I disagree from the previous poster as they don't feel flimsy at all to me.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have them on my carry gun - Glock 36 and love them.  Really pick up light well in low light and are just as bright as my others at night...  I disagree from the previous poster as they don't feel flimsy at all to me.
+1
I bought a set for each of my Glock carry guns. Solid.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#4]
As night sights they work well.

The fiber optics really help old eyes, daytime included.

I thought they used to have a reputation for having the fiber optic rods come loose so I put a drop of Crazy glue on mine.

I think I'm GTG.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 10:41:55 AM EDT
[#5]
There is another thread on the site somewhere that covers this well.

Pro's

• Great night pickup

• Great day pickup

• Sight frames are sturdy

Con's

• Poor pickup when looking into bright area from dark area

• Actual inserts are prone to breakage under hard use

ETA: I have them on my g19. Love them so far. WAY brighter than my old mepros.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 6:58:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I like them alot.  My 58 year old eyes likes them too!  My G20 hasen't shot them loose after bookoo hot rounds.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah they are great for a little bit.

Mine broke, that insert is in the desert somewhere now. Now I have a 2 green dot rear sight and a black front sight. The night sight still works but... I would put Trijicon on it I I wanted some real night sights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top