Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2011 8:48:48 PM EDT
I am looking for some night sights for my M&P 45.  I have meprolights or trijicons on my other handguns.  Anyone have the TruGlo fiber optics?  I'd like to get some opinions before I decide to get them or not.  How do you like yours versus other night sights?
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 10:28:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/19/2011 10:31:04 AM EDT by America-first]
They are MIM and the tritium fiber optic capsules have been known to come loose.

I have them on my SIG P220 Carry Equinox, and if it were my every day carry gun I'd change them for something else.

I like them a lot  for the range although I think they are too flimsy for serious use.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 12:20:37 PM EDT
I have them on my carry gun - Glock 36 and love them.  Really pick up light well in low light and are just as bright as my others at night.  When my other night sights go out I will replace them with Truglos.  I disagree from the previous poster as they don't feel flimsy at all to me.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:02:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JC77:
I have them on my carry gun - Glock 36 and love them.  Really pick up light well in low light and are just as bright as my others at night...  I disagree from the previous poster as they don't feel flimsy at all to me.
+1
I bought a set for each of my Glock carry guns. Solid.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 10:38:19 AM EDT
As night sights they work well.

The fiber optics really help old eyes, daytime included.

I thought they used to have a reputation for having the fiber optic rods come loose so I put a drop of Crazy glue on mine.

I think I'm GTG.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 10:41:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/21/2011 10:42:23 AM EDT by bcauz3y]
There is another thread on the site somewhere that covers this well.

Pro's

• Great night pickup

• Great day pickup

• Sight frames are sturdy

Con's

• Poor pickup when looking into bright area from dark area

• Actual inserts are prone to breakage under hard use

ETA: I have them on my g19. Love them so far. WAY brighter than my old mepros.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 6:58:34 PM EDT
I like them alot.  My 58 year old eyes likes them too!  My G20 hasen't shot them loose after bookoo hot rounds.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:16:11 PM EDT
Yeah they are great for a little bit.

Mine broke, that insert is in the desert somewhere now. Now I have a 2 green dot rear sight and a black front sight. The night sight still works but... I would put Trijicon on it I I wanted some real night sights.
Top Top