Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/20/2003 6:30:11 AM EDT
Does anybody out there know where I can mail order some rubber..."Pachmeyer-type" grips for a Colt Mk V Trooper? The issue grips are smooth and slippery, and oversized. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:54:22 AM EDT
Brownells...I think you need the Colt "J" frame grips...not sure but it ain't the D frame and IIRC the "I" frame is the Python...MKIII used a different frame.

Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:32:58 PM EDT
The Colt Trooper Mark V uses the Colt "V" frame.
This is the same frame as the later "AA" framed King Cobra.

My current Brownell's catalog list's the Pachmayr grip with Silver Colt medallions for the "V"/King Cobra. Stock number is: 160-000-246
price is $27.00.
A correct Trooper V grip would use the same grip with a Gold Colt medallion.

I'm sure they carry the standard plain Pachmayr
grips without the Colt medallion, but I don't see it listed in the current catalog.

I'd either check their web site, or give them a call.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:56:52 AM EDT
THANKS! It is a great revolver! Even though I am partial to S&W...I got this Trooper for a song...mint condition, with the most excellent bluing job I've seen in a long time...accurate, butter smooth action, one Colt did right!...just needed some better grips! Thanks again...GW
Top Top