Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 11:45:21 AM EDT
Ok, I've used Meprolight and Trijicon before with excellent results from both. I'm looking at the new TruGlo Tritium Fiber Optic Sights for a new pistol. What night sights do you guys like?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Whatever is on my SIG P228. I believe they are Trijicon, but I'm not sure. The gun is almost sixteen years old and the sights are as bright as ever.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I like Trijicons.The smaller white ring or "dot" around the vials seems to have a less busy sight picture than the Meps with the larger dots. YMMV.

FWIW:

Trijicon and Meprolite seem to have the best track records. PT and Ameriglo don't usually get the nod from most folks that might actually need them.

Sigs stock night sights are "Siglites" which I think are Trijicons without the white ring/dot. Good stuff.

I'm pretty sure the Ashley/XO sights have Trijicon vials, as do Heinies sights. not sure about the TruGlo sights.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:24:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got two sets of Trijicons on my GLOCKs, they're allright.  I used to have a G19 and G23 with Meps, they were okay, also.  

I got the Trijicons mainly becuase they were on sale, but if I had to pay full price I'd get some Meps from Glockmeister.  

The differences between the two are minor.  First, Trijicon gives a bit more sharper dot than Meps.  It might have something to do with Meprolight having some plastic covering the vials.  Also, Meps uses a white plastic for the outlines on their sights; Trijicon uses some sort of compound.  

It's really personal preference.  I think meps will be easier overall because their dots are bigger in daylight and when it's dark they glow bright still (though a little blurred compared to Trijicon).  

My $0.02 (which after taxes are near worthless).  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#4]
novak

heinie

trijicon

siglite(like their design)

in that order - but depends on the gun. my SIGs take SigLite, my 1911s take novak, my glock has heinies. depends on the gun and what its being used for
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:51:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I had some trijicons but on my latest glock ordered adjustable meps, because I wanted my G34 to have adjustable sights. I thought they were going to look a lot different than the trijicons but to tell the truth they are almost identical. The meps are a tad brighter, of course they are newer as well. I am pretty farsighted so when I shoot I only see  blurry dots. Sometimes I shove my bifocals way up on my nose to see them clearer but it doens't seem to matter. I shoot pretty good with them! I guess it doens't matter that they are blurry as long as I consistantly and uniformly line up the blurs.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#6]
novacs
trijicons
metros

in that order

never tried the heines.../
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:25:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I like Trijicons.The smaller white ring or "dot" around the vials seems to have a less busy sight picture than the Meps with the larger dots.

+1
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:30:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Trijicons all the way, the Mepro customer service sucks ass
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:30:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Meprolight
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:30:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Tritium has a 12.5 year half-life.  Depending on fill amount the light may not show any apparent dimming for longer than a single half-life if the phosphor is limiting light output.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:01:46 AM EDT
[#11]
I like Meprolights.  

Although I've got a set of Ameriglo Operators and I'm starting to get used to them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top