Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2013 12:40:23 PM EDT
How are you liking the RMRs on carry guns so far as far as accuracy and speed? What size dot should I go with? I know Chris Costa runs a 3.25 MOA. I wanted  to see what everyone else reccommends. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How are you liking the RMRs on carry guns so far as far as accuracy and speed? What size dot should I go with? I know Chris Costa runs a 3.25 MOA. I wanted  to see what everyone else reccommends. Thanks!

I don't carry my gun, but everyone seemed to recommend 7 MOA, so I got the RM04.
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the Dual-Illuminated RM05 (9 moa dot).........9 MOA is roughly the size of a humans head at 100 yards. If you're shooting at someone that far with a handgun, you're doing it wrong.

My RMR'ed Glock 19 is a suppressor host, so I don't carry it.

Another thing - do some research on all the issues people are having with the adjustable LED RMRs (RM06 and RM07)........anyone who tells you that the adjustable LED RMRs don't have a problem, is retarded.
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 12:55:37 AM EDT
[#3]
7-9 moa seems to be most preferred.

the 3.25 moa seems to be more liked on rifles for precision.

i actually really like the 12.9 moa triangle on my pistol
Link Posted: 4/21/2013 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I use the Dual-Illuminated RM05 (9 moa dot).........9 MOA is roughly the size of a humans head at 100 yards. If you're shooting at someone that far with a handgun, you're doing it wrong.

Another thing - do some research on all the issues people are having with the adjustable LED RMRs (RM06 and RM07)........anyone who tells you that the adjustable LED RMRs don't have a problem, is retarded.

Well, I've read two reports now of adjustable LED RMR's failing. One was at JerkingtheTrigger.com that reported some issues, but didn't give a lot of specifics.  The other is a youtube video of a guy who reported the issue and believed that the battery may have been coming lose during firing due to a mounting issue.  

Problem with the non-adjustable is when you're using high power LED weapon lights at night going from bright to darkness and back.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2013 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#5]
the only issue i have heard about the adjustable ones....is w/ holster use.
sometimes the holster would come in contact w/ the buttons.  therefore changing the brightness.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 6:22:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I've read two reports now of adjustable LED RMR's failing. One was at JerkingtheTrigger.com that reported some issues, but didn't give a lot of specifics.  The other is a youtube video of a guy who reported the issue and believed that the battery may have been coming lose during firing due to a mounting issue.  

Problem with the non-adjustable is when you're using high power LED weapon lights at night going from bright to darkness and back.  

A few that I found........the issues with the RM06 and RM07 is the fact that they have different electronics inside of them than the auto-adjustable LED RMRs......even the auto LED RMRs fail, but nowhere near as much.

All I'm saying, is that out of my five Dual-Illuminated RMRs that I have mounted on five different pistols, I've yet to have an issue.

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=794

http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1931084651/m/2321029204/p/18

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=125
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an adjustable 7moa RMR on my G19. I leave it set to Auto mode, only use the adjustable feature when I want to play with night vision.

No problems with the electronics.

I find the RMR is a good training tool, because I can self-diagnose any trigger press issues much more easily than with a laser.

Being able to get a first-round hit on a steel silhouette at 200yds is nice too.

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I have been doing some looking onto getting a Trij RMR.. from what I have found is the RM02 is a solid sight... The RM07 has issues that trij needs to work out before I would mount it on anything that isn't a toy..
If you do some searching over on Glock Talk you will find some people who have found that out... And here is a good write up on the trij issues..

I was about to pull the trigger on a RM07 to run on one of my G17, it looks like if I were to mount up a RMR tomorrow it would be the RM02.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#9]
the instructor in my last course had an rm07.  he loved it.  he pointed out to be careful w/ holster type, as certain ones would make contact & readjust your dot.
past that he had a lot of use on his w/ no other issues.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#10]

This is where BUIS come in.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 6:00:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This is where BUIS come in.

QFT. BUIS for the win. Especially the tritium ones
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top