Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2014 10:38:29 AM EDT
Hey guys,
Got my first Glock heading my way (G19 Gen 4) and one of the first things I'd like to do is help the trigger out a bit, or replace it..  Which ones have you guys had success with? I've been looking at the Haley Skimmer, Salient arms, and glocktriggers.com ones so far. Are any of these worth the price versus just doing a connector swap?
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#1]
for me, 3.5lb connector swap is mandatory.

however, i myself have never actually experienced a whole after market drop in trigger so i cant make a scientific comparison.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 11:16:55 AM EDT
[#2]
If it's a carry gun, I would swap to a lighter connector and be done with it.  I've had good luck with Glock OEM, Lonewolf, and Glockworx connectors.  I haven't tried a Ghost yet...might be my next one.  If it's a range toy or competition gun, try the Glockworx Fulcrum.  I love the Fulcrum in my 34, but it's too light for a carry gun.  There have also been people who reported light strikes, but mine has been 100%.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#3]
An OEM 3.5 connector is all I would add. I've seen what good shooters can do with that setup and I know it isn't the gun holding me back.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 2:00:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Anything by Glocktirggers.com is GTG...they also make Haley's "Skimmer" trigger.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies, fellas. Went ahead and ordered a LW 3.5 connector (along with some Trijicon HDs) and we'll see where I'm at after dropping that in. Do any spring change outs go well with the LW 3.5?
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 7:08:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I put a Gen 3 trigger bar in my gen4 19 and the trigger pull  feels a little lighter and smoother.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:24:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hey guys,
Got my first Glock heading my way (G19 Gen 4) and one of the first things I'd like to do is help the trigger out a bit, or replace it..  Which ones have you guys had success with? I've been looking at the Haley Skimmer, Salient arms, and glocktriggers.com ones so far. Are any of these worth the price versus just doing a connector swap?
View Quote

I have the Skimmer trigger in all mine, except I went back I put the original striker spring in. The one that comes with the kit does lighten the pull a little, but I had a few weak primer strikes in my 19. Happened enough with different ammo brands that I decided to put the original back in. Trigger pull was still better but without the reduced reliability. I like the smooth trigger over the stepped one, and I like the shortened pull and reset.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 3:02:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm far from an expert, but I put in a 3.5 connector, 6 lb. trigger spring, and did the "25 cent trigger upgrade" polish of the trigger bar and connector with Flitz and a dremel.  Easy to do and produced the exact result I was looking for.  I see you picked up the connector; the trigger spring might not give you your preferred weight of pull, but DEFINITELY do the trigger bar and connector  polishing.

ETA: the polishing is a piece of cake!
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#9]
The first thing to do is shoot it as is and learn trigger reset properly if you do you will find all that aftermarket stuff a waste. I can shoot my stock 19 into sub three inch groups at 25 yards with the stock trigger so I strongly urge proper technique will get you MUCH further than parts swapping
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 11:41:43 AM EDT
[#10]
^ Good for you, but I don't think 7rds is enough of a group to go bragging on the Internet!

For OP, start with the Glock "-" connector... remember it'll make the break a bit mushy (aka rolling break).  A lot of people are happy with (and even prefer) the Gen 4 "." connector and wearing it in or a polish.  ..."worth" the price is subjective on your income - but the same/better results can be had with a polish and connector change if that's what you mean.  The next step would be to reprofile the FPS but that doesn't really matter after the 1st shot and shooting from reset as Captain pointed out.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 2:13:06 PM EDT
[#11]
All 6 of my G19s are Gen 3, but they all have at least a Ghost 3.5# connector. I have 2 with the whole Ghost kit (connector and springs, I use the heavy striker spring). That and a smooth face trigger are all I ever thought I needed in a G19. However... I recently traded for another G19 that came with the Zev Tech Fulcrum "Ultimate" kit installed in it.

It is f*cking AWESOME!

I never would've even thought about putting a $250 trigger kit in a $500 gun but, after shooting this one, I'm actually contemplating getting another.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks again, guys. Yeah, I don't plan to pull the thing out of the box and swap parts. I'll take it to the range first and see if I feel I even want to do anything. The 3.5 connector was cheap so I just tacked it on the order with my sights so I'll have it around at least.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 11:26:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I keep wanting to try a skimmer, but I worry about the drop safety. I've read a bunch of reviews that say it doesmt have impact and a few that say it does.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 5:00:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The first thing to do is shoot it as is and learn trigger reset properly if you do you will find all that aftermarket stuff a waste. I can shoot my stock 19 into sub three inch groups at 25 yards with the stock trigger so I strongly urge proper technique will get you MUCH further than parts swapping
View Quote

Pics or BS, maybe even video as well. I've seen Glocks shot from a rest that won't hold that sort of group consistently.

Don't worry, I'll wait.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 6:06:28 AM EDT
[#15]
You guys can doubt me all you want my point is most people that tinker with glocks need to learn the proper way to operate them first before parts swapping - the op did say it was going to be his first glock so he needs to develop proper trigger technique first- unless he has already shot glocks and was trained but someone to do so the right way he will very likely not know proper trigger management and have poor results out of the gate - throw stones at me if you like but I am a gssf master class shooter- how many of the rest of you can say that?
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 7:14:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I put a Gen 3 trigger bar in my gen4 19 and the trigger pull  feels a little lighter and smoother.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#17]
All I did to my Gen4 was polish the trigger bar nub that contacts the firing pin safety and put some good Tetra grease back on the connector.

Cleaned it up a BUNCH over the stock pull. I just wish it was as crisp a break as my Gen2 G17. The "dot" connector isn't bad on pull weight, but the break is kinda mushy.

Ah well, I've got to break it in and see if it improves any before I spend any money trying to fix it. Just my opinion. Try the cheap stuff first.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 8:51:40 AM EDT
[#18]
I've finger fucked the Zev Tec trigger on several occasions and let me tell you it's night and day.  If you got the money go for it you won't be disappointed.

http://www.glockworx.com/
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I've done the $.25 trigger job, 3.5 Lone Wolf connector and 6# trigger spring on my carry G17.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Like enough that I ordered two more Gen 3 trigger bars for for my other 19 and my 26.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 6:36:07 PM EDT
[#21]
I put a G17 trigger in my G19s for the smooth trigger face. Other than that, they're all stock.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I've owned a couple dozen Glocks over the years and never found the need to do anything to the stock trigger.  It's not bad if you invest the time in shooting it enough to become proficient with it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#23]
I like the Ghost 3.5# connector and the $.25 trigger job on mines....

- Clint
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You guys can doubt me all you want my point is most people that tinker with glocks need to learn the proper way to operate them first before parts swapping - the op did say it was going to be his first glock so he needs to develop proper trigger technique first- unless he has already shot glocks and was trained but someone to do so the right way he will very likely not know proper trigger management and have poor results out of the gate - throw stones at me if you like but I am a gssf master class shooter- how many of the rest of you can say that?
View Quote

I don't disagree with your point, and I do not doubt you're a very good shot. I just doubt you're the only person in the world that shoots better than his gun is capable of shooting.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#25]
I wouldn't do anything but a polish.  I bought a Vanek and its pretty much well polished parts and a 3.5# connector.  For me I prefer the crisper 5.5# connector.  The way the 3.5# connector works is that it is a longer lever, so it its creepier by design.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Clint glocks can shoot three inch 25 yard groups and certainly not just in my hands- yes 4 inches is more typical but my point is practice gets you farther than parts swapping.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Totally understand your point, and again, I'm not planning to do anything until (if I even do) I have a couple hundred rounds down the tube. However, I'm not an inexperienced shooter, and no matter how much practice can make perfect on any system, I can still appreciate the edge a small hardware upgrade can make.  Just like AR's, can a good shooter run targets fast and accurate with a mil-spec trigger? Sure, but it's a lot easier with a Geissele in there
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#28]
For a carry pistol.......

Put in a gen3 trigger bar, make sure you have the dot connector, polish it up and I think you will find it is good to go.

Also, the more you shoot it, the better it will get.

I have a gen3 26 with about 15-20,000 rounds on it with the stock 5.5 connector and the trigger pull is lighter than a new glock with the 4.5 connector.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 1:25:39 PM EDT
[#29]
I just put in the Pyramid trigger and like it. Release is crisper than just the 3.5 disconnect, reset and pull are shorter.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 2:00:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I just put in the Pyramid trigger and like it. Release is crisper than just the 3.5 disconnect, reset and pull are shorter.
View Quote

I've never heard of this one. I'm thinking of messing around w/ a Glock trigger too,  so I'll have to check this out.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 5:23:56 PM EDT
[#31]
I had a Skimmer in my G-17 then took it out.  Turns out I just hated the RTF2 G17 and traded it away.  I put the Skimmer in my Gen 3 G19 and I have not looked back. I only put the trigger first to see if I liked it and it was reliable.  It is a very nice but not too light trigger.  My daughter has the same Gen3 G19 and she noticed the difference and preferred my G19...she asked me to trade with her because my trigger was nicer...
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:37:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I've never heard of this one. I'm thinking of messing around w/ a Glock trigger too,  so I'll have to check this out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pyramid trigger from Glockstore
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Pics or BS, maybe even video as well. I've seen Glocks shot from a rest that won't hold that sort of group consistently.

Don't worry, I'll wait.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't worry, I'll wait.

There was an older gentleman at the GSSF indoor match today that was doing sub 3" groups at 25 yards, but with a 1911. I'm not sure what brand it was. Luckily he entered a side match, and not the GSSF match.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top