Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 4/28/2003 5:15:53 PM EDT
I have a Colt Series 80 and was wondering which trigger that you all would recommend.(Wilson. McCormick, Videki, etc)

Are all of the 1911 after market triggers compatible with all of the frames? (Series 70, 80, NM, GC, etc.)

And last, but not least--- What gunsmiting books are recommended for the 1911?

thanks!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Dunno about the compatability issue but I put a STI trigger in my SA 1911. As for books, Kuhnhausen is hands down the best one.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:56:26 AM EDT
[#2]
The Gold Cup uses a wider trigger, but just about anything else should fit. (some need fitting)
After years of trying almost all the types, I settled on the smooth kind for long term shooting.
Grooves and adjustment holes, to me, after time starts to irritate the trigger finger.
That seems more important, at least to me, than a long or short trigger.
You may have to try out a few to find what suits you the best.
What feels good in the hand now may not when firing.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top