Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2010 7:44:08 PM EDT
Has anyone here successfully mated a trigger assist (aka "E-Z Pull") to a DA revolver to reduce trigger pull?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 1:55:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Just looked up that doohickey and I'll be damned but I cannot for the life of my figure out how adding something between your trigger and your finger is supposed to make for a lighter, better trigger pull...

Someone please explain?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:59:47 AM EDT
[#2]
That device adds some mechanical advantage, basically just a cover up for other problems or a weak finger. Might work for a SA revolver, but I doubt it will have enough travel for a DA revolver.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 11:04:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Most trigger assist devices don't play well with DA revolvers, because the trigger needs the full power to reset.

After the trigger is pulled, the trigger has to reset the action and a trigger assist device will usually slow the action down to the point where you can't fire it very fast, or to the point the action may not reset at all.
And as a above, the E-Z Pull device doesn't have enough range to operate a DA revolvers trigger, and if you set it up for SA, the trigger and action couldn't reset at all.

In revolvers, the lighter the springs (or an with an assist device) the slower the gun is to fire.  This is why speed shooters like Jerry Miculek often install STRONGER springs.

Clearly, the E-Z Pull is designed for use on rifles and shotguns, not DA revolvers, or any handgun as far as I can see.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 12:51:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just looked up that doohickey and I'll be damned but I cannot for the life of my figure out how adding something between your trigger and your finger is supposed to make for a lighter, better trigger pull...

Someone please explain?

I assume it works on leverage.  Probably designed to apply the most force to the tip of the trigger, therefore increasing the leverage against the trigger resulting in less force needed to complete the action.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top