Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2003 1:42:54 PM EDT
I currently own a Ruger P89DC. It was built back in 93 and finally found an owner this year with me. I have noticed that the trigger is very heavy and I was told by someone to have the trigger "fixed" so that its not so heavy. Anyone wanna tell me how to do this or maybe point someone out who can do this for me?
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:14:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Short of honing and polishing certain internal parts, a spring kit is usually installed to lessen the effort needed to pull the trigger.
"Fixing" may not be the accurate term but a reduced power spring will lighten the pull.
Besides the spring kit, my P-89 has been "worked over" and the trigger rivals most of my 9's.
Mainly, the reduced power hammer spring would do the most improvment and can be done by most non-gunsmiths.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Since i am rather new to this...where would I find one of these kits at? Is it legal for me to do this? I was told by some people that it would not be and if I got caught with it I would be in deep horse doo doo!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#3]
only if you shoot someone and the DA trys to portray you as a gun nut that had to lighten his triger.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#4]
WWW.Gunsprings.com
No deep doo doo.
My rule of thumb, find the lightest hammer spring until you get a few misfires, then go with the next heavier one.
Your "friends" need to hang out here for awhile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top