Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2005 2:20:03 PM EDT
and I really liked ithe
One question I have is do they make a version with a safety instead of a decocker? The one I shot had a decocker and I prefer to go cocked and locked. Also, what is a average price for a metal framed version in 9mm?
Link Posted: 2/12/2005 4:28:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad to hear you liked the baby eagle!!
I paid something like $420 for mine brand new, I'm sure if you look around on gunsamerica.com you can find one for a little cheaper.  Mine is a full sized steel framed model with a slide mounted safety, I dont think you can carry these cocked and locked.  At least not the one I have.  The hammer will drop once you put the safety on, there is no half cocked position on it either.  There may be a model out there that will allow cocked and locked though, check out magnum research's website, they might be able to help you more.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2005 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I like my 9mm. i think they are all decockers. However, its single/double action so that almost makes up for it. i paid $450 for full size 9mm.

-foxxz
Link Posted: 2/13/2005 11:06:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I just bought a semi-compact 9mm today. Fits like a glove. Paid more than both of you guys but after factoring in a transfer from most of the FFL's in my area, I would have anyway. Where is the best place to get the 15rd mags for these and can I use EAA witness mags in addition to the CZ and DE mags? Also, are there any to avoid?

Edited...just realized I bought the semi-compact not the compact. Confusion came from holding a CZ-75 while shoping for the BE.
Link Posted: 2/13/2005 11:16:27 AM EDT
[#4]
From a few topics down...
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=30&t=13876

I have a BE in .40.  I always thought it weighed a TON. Then I started comparing other full-size handguns and found...
THAT IT WEIGHS A TON!  Actually I was surprised at how close in weight it is to 1911's and other guns.
It's still heavy and I'm not sure I'd carry it unless I could find a really good system to do so.

I like shooting it though.
I'm having a delima about whether to sell it and get a smaller/lighter .40, or keep it and, 'just be a man!' about it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2005 4:33:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
From a few topics down...
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=30&t=13876

I have a BE in .40.  I always thought it weighed a TON. Then I started comparing other full-size handguns and found...
THAT IT WEIGHS A TON!  Actually I was surprised at how close in weight it is to 1911's and other guns.
It's still heavy and I'm not sure I'd carry it unless I could find a really good system to do so.

I like shooting it though.
I'm having a delima about whether to sell it and get a smaller/lighter .40, or keep it and, 'just be a man!' about it.

Curl 100 lbs. for 2 weeks. The BE will lighten up
Link Posted: 2/13/2005 4:42:39 PM EDT
[#6]
A frame safety version of this gun is sold under the IMI Jericho label.
They have also been marketed in the past under the UZI label
The 941 FB is the semi-compact, 3.6 in barrel version.
It has a polygonol rifled barrel, which neither CZs or some of the CZ clones do not.
Originally, the 941 stood for available chamberings.
Since .41 AE never took off in the US, the .41 barrels have been discontinued.
I understand there are now .40 S&W barrels available.

I have a 941 FB in 9mm. I pd 290 dollars for it at a gunshow in July of 02.
It's a bit heavy for a daily carry gun, but it's a great shooter, and a heck of a confidence builder.
An excellent choice to get people with smallish hands into 9mm and larger cartridges.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 2/13/2005 4:44:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I would buy your mags from IMI.  Yup, they aint cheap.  But they feed reliably ALWAYS.  

While your there, get yourself a set of "hogue" (IMI copy) grips.  Changes the whole feel of the weapon.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2005 5:07:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the baby eagle in 9mm and .45 ACP and love them. Great weapon for the price
Link Posted: 2/15/2005 5:28:01 AM EDT
[#9]
How is the reliablilty of the .45? I have always wanted to get something in .45, and this was my other thought besides a 1911.
Link Posted: 2/15/2005 8:37:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I just bought a semi-compact 9mm today. Fits like a glove. Paid more than both of you guys but after factoring in a transfer from most of the FFL's in my area, I would have anyway. Where is the best place to get the 15rd mags for these and can I use EAA witness mags in addition to the CZ and DE mags? Also, are there any to avoid?

Edited...just realized I bought the semi-compact not the compact. Confusion came from holding a CZ-75 while shoping for the BE.

Don't know about CZ mags but witness amgs will work. CDNN sells the 16rd mags under both the EAA and Magnum Research names. They also have the best prices on them when they are in stock.
Link Posted: 2/20/2005 5:56:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Dumb question but what is with the listed dimensions of the Baby Eagles on Magnum Research's website and manual? The gun I bought is a MR9915RS or so says the reciept. However, it does not seem to match any of the dimensions listed by Magnum Research. On the case it says 3.7" barrel not 3.9". I measured and it is around 3.7". The gun is neither as long nor as tall as described by a few fractions of an inch. However, it does take the 15rders flush fit. What is going on here?
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 6:06:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't know about CZ mags but witness amgs will work. CDNN sells the 16rd mags under both the EAA and Magnum Research names. They also have the best prices on them when they are in stock.

I went to shoot it yesterday. The factory 15rders worked flawlessly. The EAA 10rders were marginal with some not holding slide lock but all feeding find. The CZ75 mag was the same story, no problems feeding but would not hold slide lock.
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 9:38:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I went to shoot it yesterday. The factory 15rders worked flawlessly. The EAA 10rders were marginal with some not holding slide lock but all feeding find. The CZ75 mag was the same story, no problems feeding but would not hold slide lock.

Never tried the 10rd mags. I have two BE factory mags, and two EAA mags all are 16rd mags and all work flawlessly. The EAA mags should have T in like a triangle on them.
I'll stay away from 10rd mags
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#14]
All the witness mags I have used worked great also
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#15]
So how did she shoot for ya?? Details man we need the details and pics too
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 5:39:18 AM EDT
[#16]
The gun shoots much better than I am usually capable of. When I did do my part I was getting nickel sized groups at 7yrds. I know that is really only impressive if done at 25 yrds but I am still working on getting rid of all my bad habits. As for pics, I pick up my second Baby Eagle in two weeks on Friday. It is a full size this time, and when I get it I will put both in the picture.
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 6:04:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The gun shoots much better than I am usually capable of. When I did do my part I was getting nickel sized groups at 7yrds. I know that is really only impressive if done at 25 yrds but I am still working on getting rid of all my bad habits. As for pics, I pick up my second Baby Eagle in two weeks on Friday. It is a full size this time, and when I get it I will put both in the picture.

SWEET!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 3:31:21 AM EDT
[#18]

My first thought not having shot the full size since I rented one about a month ago is that it feels slightly forward heavy compared to the semi-compact which feels perfectly balanced.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 5:28:33 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-3/966324/IM000030.JPG
img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-3/966324/IM000030.JPG

My first thought not having shot the full size since I rented one about a month ago is that it feels slightly forward heavy compared to the semi-compact which feels perfectly balanced.

It is slightly front heavy, even compared to a beretta. I like it though, helps when yer shooting double taps. You wouldn't think it would because it's only slightly front heavy, but compared to with my beretta it actually is a lil' quicker back on target.

Nice looking guns there.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 4:39:35 AM EDT
[#20]
I do remember the range gun (full size) being a little better on recoil and double taps than the semi-compact. I will have to confirm this when I get to finally shoot my full size. I like the muzzle heaviness my self. It makes the gun point nicer. Now all I have to do is hunt down a compact model to complete the 9mm trio. Then I will start thinking about either the .45 or CZ-97.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:03:22 AM EDT
[#21]
I really miss my old 941.
One of the best pistols I ever carried.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top