Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 5:49:15 PM EDT
I know this is something I need to decide on my own, but I would like some opinions.

I am taking a Concealed Handun class this coming weekend and I am torn between lovers. Should I take my XD-40 or my M-9? I am comfortable with them both...?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#1]
M9 for no reason other than I love my m9 so much
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#2]
XD, the M9 isn't exactly user friendly in the CCW arena.  And before the pile-on, I carry a 5" Govt. daily with no concealment or comfort issues.  The M9 is not a pistol designed with concealment in mind.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
XD, the M9 isn't exactly user friendly in the CCW arena.  And before the pile-on, I carry a 5" Govt. daily with no concealment or comfort issues.  The M9 is not a pistol designed with concealment in mind.

I CCW a M9 in Miami all day every day unless I'm wearing a bathing suit or something equally unsuitable for 99% of CCW.  I challenge any 1911 guy to present a situation where he/she could pack a 5" gov't model and not carry an M9.  It's all in the holster.  I carry mine at 4 o'clock at about a 30 degree cant in a blackhawk CQC serpa holster.  I can hide it under a loose t-shirt while wearing shorts.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry my XD 40 4inch every day.  I like it for carry because it's extremely reliable and I don't have to worry about manuel safeties and such.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Which one points better for you!

I would use the XD...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top