Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2011 2:01:15 PM EDT
I need to spend more time with this gun, as you can see I got a little sloppy at the end.

25 Yards, Standing, Weaver Stance

I'm thinking about switching back to this gun, from my Glock 17, for my SSP IDPA gun.

This gun has a slight accuracy edge over the G17 but I don't know if that will make up for the first shot.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 5:05:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never shot IDPA, but the Beretta was the first gun I've ever shot in USPSA other than a 1911.  I was nervous about the first shot, but to be honest I don't ever recall the difference on the first shot in the couple of matches I shot with the Beretta.  I used the 92 to see if I could get used to the DA first pull on a CZ, and I proved to myself that I could.

Think about the fact that on many stages you'll face, your first shot will be a relatively close shot.  Most of the ones I can recall the first shot is within 10 yards.  Not always, but often enough that even if you pull the first shot slightly, it's not going to make much difference.

I'd say do it.  The Beretta is an accurate gun, comfortable to shoot, and low recoil.  Not much downside other than that first shot.  Plus the decocker allows you to start in Production or SSP without the fear of an AD like the CZ shooters have.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#2]
David Olhasso is won a few pistol championships using a Beretta 90 series, so it can be done. I'd say use it as it's a great pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top