Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/31/2005 8:51:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/31/2005 8:54:35 PM EDT by ManiacRat461]
A good friend of mine recently purchased a SA G.I. stainless 5". I bought a parkerized from him and he used the funds plus some to purchase it, he now wants to know if I will trade him heads up his stainless for my parkerized. I kinda feel bad cause he is taking a screwin on the deal, I bought the one from him with less than 250 rnds or so through it and I've bumped that up to or a little over a 1000(he does know this BTW, he helped in that figure). His stainless has less than 50, we took it out once and fired 2 or 3 mags total and he has not taken it out again since then.

Now I'm not big on stainless, but it would make a nice gun to "dress up" and make it attractive to the eye along with functional. I just feel bad that he is taking such a screwing, even though he knows about it. But what ya'lls opinion? My wife says jump on it, but I dunno. Anyhow let the polling commence!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:10:14 PM EDT
If he want sto, then go ahead. I knew a guy who wanted the "classic styling" of my Rock Island 1911, so he offered to rrade me his SA loaded 1911 for it. We traded, and he was happy as can be.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:19:56 PM EDT
Yeah I keep thinking the same thing, but my damn conscience keeps kicking in saying "but you're screwing somebody". Damn the parents for raising me with morals lol, I probably will, never had a stainless before they are nice nice looking. Even though I end up half blind after being in the sun near them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:24:53 PM EDT
If he's a "good friend" like a help you hide a body type of friend then you better sweeten the deal a little. If you don't you will feel guilty forever.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:25:15 PM EDT
Trades are kinda wierd but once one is made if both parties are happy then who's to say it was a bad trade?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:34:29 PM EDT
Never get rid of a gun (unless you hate it). I did that a long time ago and have spent a few years and thousands of dollars buying them all over again...

If you are looking for something else, save your money and then buy it. A few years from now you will look at any gun you were thinking of selling or trading and think, "Wow, I'm sure glad that I kept that one!"

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:42:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/31/2005 9:49:23 PM EDT by ManiacRat461]

Originally Posted By cactusman:
Never get rid of a gun (unless you hate it). I did that a long time ago and have spent a few years and thousands of dollars buying them all over again...

If you are looking for something else, save your money and then buy it. A few years from now you will look at any gun you were thinking of selling or trading and think, "Wow, I'm sure glad that I kept that one!"

Thats another thing I think about, I really am not "into" stainless guns, I'm not a flashy person and not into flashy guns. But, the thought has crossed my mine numerous times back and forth on whether to trade it or not. And yes Sukebe, he is that kind of friend. Known each other and have been very good friends since we were 3 yrs old.

ETA: On the sweetening the deal part, did I mention the dirty bastard dented my brand new 2 week old truck one time? While I was HELPING HIM take down and put up an above ground pool.....jeez what are friends for lol. I more than likely won't do it, I'll regret it I know, the only gun I never regretted selling was this retchet Glock 23. First and last Glock I'll ever own. I'll just persuade him to refinish the one he has.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:00:54 PM EDT
I'd say do it and throw in a couple boxes of ammo just to grease things up and make everyone feel happy with the deal.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:40:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2005 9:41:25 AM EDT by SGB]
Top Top