Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2005 6:49:07 AM EDT
   Hello, I am planing on purchasing a Glock 21 very soon, I would like to get night sights on it. I was wondering if I should get the fixed sight and install night sights later, or get a Glock that has them already. Also, is the Componsated version worth the extra money?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#1]
You're probably looking at saving some money if you get it factory equipped with night sights. If you go aftermarket you're looking at an average of about $80-$100 for the sights and then <$80 for a gunsmith to install. Unless you know of a dealer that has a sight tool and will install them for you for free, or just a nominal fee.
IMO, the compensated models serve no real purpose other than maybe as a range gun. Especially if you intend to CCW, or even use it for home defense, as the ports can cause you to lose some night vision if fired in low light, and blow carbon/particals upward into your face. YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Not unless you're going into harm's way, right away . . . . . .

It could probably wait a little while.  YMMV however.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top