Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 12:40:25 PM EDT
I'm about to turn in my paperwork for the MI CCW permit.  I took the required class in 2001.  Will that be Ok or is there a expiration date on that?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Rob
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:03:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I think its only good for 6 months, but I might be wrong. Best to go to the MSP site and look it up.

Yup, I think I'm wrong. Just got this form MSP site

"11. How long is the Concealed Pistol License course that I took valid? MCL 28.425j specifies what conditions must be met in the course required to get a Concealed Pistol License. One of those requirements is that the program provides a certificate of completion stating the program complies with the requirements of this section. There is not an expiration date on the training. However, your local county gun board will review the training certificate to see if is acceptable."

Still good to check on your own.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:59:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks I will.  MSP is the MI State Police I assume.

Rob
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:19:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Check to see that your certificate states it complies with that section. That didn't used to be a requirement, and I think it was added sometime around 2001.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Kinda lost my cool there for a minute.  Talked to the instructor at my club and he's going to let me drop in on his next class for free and update my certificate.  I'm still bummed, that's not until May.  Looks like I'll be legal sometime around the next election.

R
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:22:05 AM EDT
[#5]
BTT just to let anyone know I didn't snap!

R
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#6]
LOL Good to know.

FWIW, processing time varries with what county you live in, but rumors are it's recently gotten faster even in Wayne County (Home Town forum has had threads on this). It may take less time. Then again, it's worth a few bucks not to have to wait a couple months. You could take a class elsewhere way before that.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Well a few bucks from what I've come across is 150- $175  I'm contemplating it.

Your help is much appreciated!

Rob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top