Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2009 6:23:24 AM EDT
Just picked up a Taurus PT1911 SS.
Upon dis-assembly for cleaning, I had a B|T@H of a time getting the extractor out. IE: allot of pushing and prying.
Question.... is this normal for a new gun...will it get easier over time
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:59:59 AM EDT
[#1]
My Taurus had a similar problem. It wasn't tight in the bore, but the claw/hook had to be pushed to the right side to get it into the bore. After that it came out easily.

A couple of weeks ago the extractor broke while shooting. I bought a Wilson extractor and the 'frame blank' to replace the levers for the series 80 style firing pin plunger, because the plunger wouldn't stay in with the new extractor.

Way more info than you asked for. Just thought I'd share it with you while speaking of Taurus extractors.

a-bare
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top