Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2008 4:01:59 AM EST
Has anyone threaded a Buckmark factory barrel? I don't know that I want to spend a couple hundred for a Tac Sol barrel when the one I have can be threaded for a minimum cost.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:50:57 PM EST
Not only have I never done that or had it done, I've never even SEEN a threaded Buckmark barrel...............

Sorry I wasn't more help............
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:33:27 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/21/2008 3:39:51 AM EST by rocko]
Originally Posted By BobCole:
Not only have I never done that or had it done, I've never even SEEN a threaded Buckmark barrel...............

Sorry I wasn't more help............

Well, now you have!

Really easy to remove the barrel, so ideal vs., say, a Ruger for this sort of work.

That being said, thread jobs by the known smiths seems to run ~$100, and you could probably get $50+ for the takeoff factory barrel in good shape. Looks like the threaded tacsols are $200 for non-fluted and $230 for fluted, so the actual cost differential using those estimated prices isn't that bad.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:09:20 AM EST
Wlel, I printed out the CAD drawings of what I needed from YHM.

http://www.yankeehillmachine.com/store/media/.22_.500-28.pdf

Talked to a machinist I know and he was very confident that it was not only possible, but a very simple job. He's threading it for me, making a thread protector and moving the sight back.

He refused to quote me a price, soooo I 'll likely not have to pay for it! More money I can put towards the tax stamp and can.
Link Posted: 11/24/2008 8:46:28 PM EST
Originally Posted By HUMONGO:

Talked to a machinist I know and he was very confident that it was not only possible, but a very simple job. He's threading it for me, making a thread protector and moving the sight back.

He refused to quote me a price, soooo I 'll likely not have to pay for it! More money I can put towards the tax stamp and can.

So uh...you couldn't talk him into doing two could you?
Link Posted: 12/14/2008 10:18:40 AM EST
hi-desert dog does them, even has abbl exchange
guy over on co-ar15 had one for sale (a HDD one) for $140.00
Link Posted: 12/15/2008 11:10:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/15/2008 11:11:51 AM EST by ODS9091]
Tornado Technologies

They will do it for $115
Link Posted: 12/16/2008 6:51:06 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/16/2008 6:51:36 PM EST by AJE]

Link Posted: 12/21/2008 7:34:57 AM EST
AJE,

who threaded your barrel ? I bought an extra barrel and will need it threaded. Some of the threading prices I see online seem pretty high.

Link Posted: 12/23/2008 3:18:24 AM EST

Just hope you don't get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 8:53:04 AM EST
Originally Posted By Trumpet:

Just hope you don't get what you pay for.

Meh, he started freaking out, thinking it was illegal to thread a barrel. So, I'll have Tornado, Gem-Tech or Hi-desert dog do it.
Top Top