Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2011 7:55:57 AM EDT
What are everyone's thoughts on threaded barrels, specifically the glock 19 factory threaded barrel?

I plan on using it for my edc 19. I have the AAC thread protector as well.
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 8:19:04 AM EDT
[#1]
The only thing that i am not a fan of is the thread pitch - other than that, i would prefer to have a factory threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 11:00:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a Jarvis 13.5x1LH barrel in my Glock19 for a long time.  It was really accurate but it kept wearing on the edges of the hood.  Otherwise, it was always accurate and functioned 100%.  When Glock factory threaded barrels came out, I bought one right away.  Much better finish.  I don't know about accuracy yet.  Factory is better, IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 4:23:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have a factory threaded barrel for mine, but I do have a storm lake threaded darrel.  I have found that it is more accurate than the standard factory barrle and easier to clean.  I carry my g19 every where I go but to work, but I still use the standard factory barrel.  The storm lake was purchased for a incoming swr octane 9hd.  And I don't plan on carry it all the time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:46:34 PM EDT
[#4]
When I picked up my new G19, I got an email from Palmetto State Armory selling Glock factory threaded barrels, so I ordered one just to have.  I had to get a thread protector, but one thing I do like about it, the extended barrel gives another half inch or so.  In my 19 anyway, the threaded barrel is a bit more accurate than the stock one.  I have sent off the paperwork for a can, so I guess I will see how it runs with the can on there.

Ron
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you guys putting cans on the barrels, or just getting threaded ones just to have?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#6]
From reading the posts above it seems as almost everyone either has a can or is in the process of getting one. People also use threaded barrels for compensators.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:57:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I have used KKM, and Lonewolf. Both worked great..

If I had a booster in 13.5x1LH for my suppressor that is not being made anymore i'd get a factory Glock threaded bbl
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:08:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I had my factory G19 barrel extended / threaded by Tornado Technologies in 13.5 x 1 LH. They included a thread protector.
Work ran 150.00

Maintains the same thread pattern as my factory P226 threaded barrel.

Works great with Trident.
I EDC in CompTac C-TAC for G17, the threaded barrel is fully covered.

However, looks like Glock factory barrel is only a bit more, will maintain your std barrel without mods, and is in same thread pattern.

Thats pretty tempting.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:14:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Are you guys putting cans on the barrels, or just getting threaded ones just to have?

http://i.imgur.com/2vcE4.jpg

DAMN!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top