Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 4:59:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/29/2011 5:01:01 PM EDT by il_dev]
Anyone know anything about this gun?

http://www.auto-ordnance.com/PA-1TH_c.html

I'm interested in it from the looks, but I don't see any reviews for it.

Cheapest price on Google is $635 at GunForAll...

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:26:52 PM EDT
Looks like a lot of features for that price, checkering, sights, front serations, stainless.

I guess if you could handle one to check fit, you would know more.

Are you thinking about MIM, etc?

Not very helpful I know.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:49:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Staggunner:
Looks like a lot of features for that price, checkering, sights, front serations, stainless.

Not very helpful I know.

I'm looking for a stainless 1911 under $700 that's decent and not a Taurus.

Right now i'm looking at used S&W 1911's, Ruger SR1911, and now this has caught my eye.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:52:20 PM EDT
Thompson is now owned by Kahr
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:53:45 PM EDT
I had a Thompson 1911 10mm. It was a great pistol with no issues...
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:48:46 AM EDT
I bought a plain-Jane one back in the late 1980's....these were quite popular then...mine was afflicted with a soft frame and I made the dealer refund me. Everybody else I knew that had one loved it.

I went through a spell in the late 1980's/early 1990's where every 1911 I got my hands on had issues...new or used..didn't matter.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:26:21 AM EDT
Just bought their WW2 copy Army marked parkerized model today..very nice and pretty acurate.Except for being series 80 and having a cut in the barrel hood for a loaded chamber indicator its great.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:02:38 AM EDT
Bought one in '88,5" in .38 Super.[New] After 250 rnds, the slide started to go forward on the frame.Bbl lugs were bent back some.
Sent it back, they put in a new bbl.,after 50 rnds, it started again.Sold !
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:17:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By il_dev:

Not very helpful I know.

Right now i'm looking at used S&W 1911's, Ruger SR1911, and now this has caught my eye.

I'd skip it.  Heck, for $709 (and that's here in MD) you can get a Springfield Range Officer.  I'd also take a hard look at the Ruger.  Frankly, I'd look at a RIA or American Classic II over the Thompson

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:44:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/30/2011 1:47:58 PM EDT by il_dev]
Originally Posted By Trumpet:
Originally Posted By il_dev:

Not very helpful I know.

I'd skip it.  Heck, for $709 (and that's here in MD) you can get a Springfield Range Officer.  I'd also take a hard look at the Ruger.  Frankly, I'd look at a RIA or American Classic II over the Thompson

- I thought Thompson (Auto Ordnance) was suppose to be solid now that KAHR owns them?

- The "Range Officer" only comes parkerized I thought?  Shops in my area want to charge $850 for the gun.

- I had bought a RIA tactical in Nickel from Buds, but my order didn't get processed correctly so I cancelled it.  I'm glad, too, because I hate the giant roll-mark on the slide and nickel finishes have more strict up-keep.

- I was looking at the American Classic II Trophy edition, but it's chrome and I want a matte stainless.  It's also ~$610, and for that price, I'd rather have the Ruger.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:04:38 PM EDT
para GI expert comes in stainless around your price range

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Top Top