Posted: 9/21/2003 12:05:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 3:03:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking gun, C&L.

Jamie
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:18:30 AM EDT
[#2]
[know-it-all 1911 basher]
So when was the requisite $1000 worth of gunsmithing done, before or after you bought it?

Because everybody knows you can't have a 1911 working out of the box, I mean come on.
[/know-it-all 1911 basher]

Seriously though, good looking gun.  Looks like the rear dovetail is still in factory configuration.  Are you sure you don't want to go with a nice Bo-mar sight?  
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 7:21:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to hijack, C&L, but those are Millet sights and the grips do not appear to be Colt factory either.
If you don't mind another observation, the "screw" for the mag release is not in the right position for some reason. (It's not a screw, don't break it)
I'm trying to see the sear/disconnect pin on the RH picture...looks like a hole where a rounded pin should be sticking out?
Also, on Millet sights, if the front is "dual crimped" in, that may present a problem fitting something else over the two existing holes.
Overall, a sweet gun, maybe a little TLC from the new owner (or less comments from the peanut gallery) will bring it back to it's original splendor.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 7:35:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I noticed the sear pin hole too... definitely something weird going on there.  Also seems like the slide rollmarks have been Photoshopped or something, or it could just be, as C&L says, a "crappy pic".
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 10:43:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 11:01:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey,

If you need someone to take that short trigger off your hands after you swap it out,  I'm just the guy for the job.  Let me know if you're planning to get rid of it and how much you'd like to get for it.

As for the grip safety, you may need to bend that leg of the sear spring out a little more to positively return the grip safety to its undepressed state.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 12:43:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 1:57:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Me likes

If it turns out to be a dual crip front sight and you want to change it out let me know. I have a Millet dual crimp staking tool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top