Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2003 8:33:55 AM EDT
Ammoman has 9mm+P Speer Gold Dot 124grain ammo for $300 for 2,000 rounds delivered. Is this good defense ammo?  Is this a good deal?
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 9:43:53 AM EDT
[#1]
that breaks down to $7.50 a box of 50.......delivered what do you think
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Some time ago, there was a large quantity of Gold Dots that were recalled because of primer issues.  Speer has been selling this ammo lately in 250 round bricks marked "target practice only."  Provided that you're aware of this problem before you buy, that's a hell of a deal.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:43:18 AM EDT
[#3]
The rounds I bought from ammoman are not marked "Target Practice Only", but they are marked "NOT FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT".

Are these the part of the recall?
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:31:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought about getting 500 rounds of some of that stuff... I don't want it if it's not reliable for defense, tho.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:01:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I have bought 750 rds. of the dold dot recall stuff, not a single failure. I would NOT use it for defense either, but it's pretty good practice stuff. Wasn't it like one in every 50,000 primers from one machine were duds? Either way, I like those odds for practice.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the input... I will hold off on these as I was looking for defense ammo.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 3:45:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The rounds I bought from ammoman are not marked "Target Practice Only", but they are marked "NOT FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT".

Are these the part of the recall?

Same stuff, I was wrong on what the box said.  Thanks for the catch!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top