Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 9:58:54 AM EDT
I really like the 4.25 in barrel model, but would be fine with the p 14 stealth.
I have a few questions though...
Can you replace the grips with "thin" 1911 grips?
If I dont like the bobbed beaver tail, can it be changed with a standard 1911 beavertail?
Where do you pick up extra mags for cheap?  Are there good less expensive mags? (70 bucks is alot to spend on one mag)
Thanks, any feed back is appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:49:10 PM EDT
[#1]
The grips can be changed to thin I think.I just ordered a set of Navidrex grips for my P18 9mm from Brownell's.They say they're cut thinner than stock.A standard beavertail grip safety can be fitted.As for mags.Shop around.CDNN has'em for $39.$70 is way to much.Mecgar makes p14 mags also.They hold 13 rnds,but a lot cheaper.And they work.

You probably want "thin" grips because Para's are double stack.Actually,the only part of the grip that is wider is at the front strap.I love mine.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:28:34 PM EDT
[#2]
quack-tastic
As soon as I can move my G 27 I am all in for a P 14...
Anyone care to comment on the p 14 with a 5 inch barrel over the shorter version with a 4.25 barrel.  This will be the zombie/IDPA gun and a back up CCW when the G 30 gets boring.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:05:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Last dumb question,

For anyone with a standard single stack 1911, does your para fit in the same holsters?  I have a number of composite (kydex) hosters that grip the front of the trigger guard.  Will my soon to be purchased Para fit in my old holsters?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I dont use kydex so I cant comment on that.But My P14-45 fits in the same Galco leather holsters that the single stack uses.HTH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top