Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 5:40:28 PM EDT

I have a bit of $$$ burning a hole and am considering a suppressed pistol and want the most versatile system.

I am leaning toward a can vs integral, so I can use on multiple pistols.

A while back, I saw someone selling a can for a Beretta 92 9mm and had a 22 upper conversion threaded for the same can.  Neat set-up.  I wonder how effective the larger can was on the 22 upper?  Any idea on how a can designed for a larger round does for a smaller round/

Any suggestions  are greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:08:51 PM EDT
[#1]
a USP  tac and  can is a nice set up.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:08:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
a USP  tac and  can is a nice set up.

+1.. Gorgeous guns can or no, and you won't have to worry about finding or paying for subsonic ammo if you go with a .45.. it's all subsonic :)
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#3]
not sure how well that would reduce sound. best can set up i've experienced walther p-22 and a gem-tech outback. Now that is hollywood quiet and it won't break the bank. Can runs $300, pistol is already threaded. JMO

J
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:09:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Like the looks of the Outback-II.

thanks

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Walther P-22 with a gemtech outback can.  Sounds like some sort of pneumatic sound when it fires!   Sweeeeet reasonably priced rig!

I am waiting for the paper work to come back on a gemtech for my 11.5" ar15

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:22:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Does the can interfer with the sights?

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#7]
shoot with both eyes open and youll be fine
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:29:32 PM EDT
[#8]
As a matter of fact no they don't!  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm partial to the USP tac + can but I'd take a look at one of the suppressed MarkII's.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Getting a USP Tactical myself here soon, WITH the intention of eventually getting a suppressor for it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:39:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a USP Tactical as well, and was intending to get a can for it.   However, mutliple RKI's have stated that it is one of the loudest platforms when suppressed - it apparently doesn't stay locked as long as other pistols, and you get more noise out of the ejection port.   G21 is supposedly the quietest.

And even though standard .45 is subsonic, the larger the caliber, the more difficult to suppress.    More gas is generated by .45 than, say, 9mm, the exit aperature obviously needs to be larger, and the larger diameter bullet generates more flight noise.    Just about all .45 cans are required to be used "wet" to get the advertised level of suppression, and get noticably louder once whatever medium you use is gone.    Most modern 9mm cans, otoh, do a very good job dry.     Bottom line, subsonic 9mm will just about always be quieter than .45 when shot through cans of comparible quality.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:40:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I've got a Walther P22 with a AAC Pilot.  Love it!  Also got a Mark 23 with AAC Tactical and a USP9SD with AAC Phantom.  I own an HK Tac but no can for it yet.  Get a good 22 muzzle can.  It's way fun!  Movie quiet.  The 45 setup is cool too but 9mm suppressed is quieter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top