Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2006 8:03:36 PM EDT
I see them on the EE for $525 shipped w/Night Sights and 2 mags.

1. What caliber should I go for?  .40SW or 9MM?  (12rd vs. 15rd capacity).
2. What holster do you recommend for gun range carry and concealed carry?
3. Do you like yours?

Link Posted: 9/4/2006 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm actually going to sell mine.  I prefer the more traditional Sigs.
Link Posted: 9/4/2006 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I just purchased a Sig Pro 2022 in .40 S&W just today. I absolutely love it as its very compact and light weight. The trigger/balance/feel is superb are all excellent and its a great shooting handgun. I like the adjustible backstraps and how ergonomic the controls are. I also like how CTC makes Sig Pro lasergrips. I definatly like the Sig Pro more than the 229.

Only your can decide caliber. What are your needs, moreover, what is your understanding of terminal ballistics? I bought mine in .40 with ever intention of converting it to .357 Sig as I feel that it has a slight edge in some situations. Keep in mind, the difference between a 9mm and .40/.357 Sig is slight in ballistic gel. All perform very similarly when using good qualiity JHP ammunition. 9mm gives you more capacity, less recoil/flash which equals more controllability and faster follow up shots.
Personally, I feel that both the Sig Pro's and Sig Classics both lack magazine capacity.
If you compare a Sig Pro or Sig 229 to a Glock 22 or Glock 23, the Glocks both have a higher magazine capacity and are smiliarly sized. That being said, I own both a P226 in .40/.357 and now a SP2022 in .40...the caliber reduction is an annoyance, but the guns quality more than make up for it. Besides, if you are all about capacity, get a G17 with a 33 round magazine. Capacity isn't everyting, but extra bullets are always nice in a gunfight.I would reccomend familiarizing your self with the data that exists about both 9mm and .40 S&W and make your descison. Is this your first handgun?
A 9mm may be a better choice as its lower recoil may lesson the probability of developing a flinch or other bad/occasionally unbreakable habits. Ammo is also ever so slightly cheaper...

I just got mine today, so I can't tell you about a holster but I am planning on looking at Bladetech or Comptac....maybe even Blackhawk, though I doubt they make a Sig Pro holster.
Link Posted: 9/4/2006 8:20:15 PM EDT
[#3]
height=8
Quoted:
I just purchased a Sig Pro 2022 in .40 S&W just today. I absolutely love it as its very compact and light weight. The trigger/balance/feel is superb are all excellent and its a great shooting handgun. I like the adjustible backstraps and how ergonomic the controls are. I also like how CTC makes Sig Pro lasergrips. I definatly like the Sig Pro more than the 229.

Only your can decide caliber. What are your needs, moreover, what is your understanding of terminal ballistics? I bought mine in .40 with ever intention of converting it to .357 Sig as I feel that it has a slight edge in some situations. Keep in mind, the difference between a 9mm and .40/.357 Sig is slight in ballistic gel. All perform very similarly when using good qualiity JHP ammunition. 9mm gives you more capacity, less recoil/flash which equals more controllability and faster follow up shots.
Personally, I feel that both the Sig Pro's and Sig Classics both lack magazine capacity.
If you compare a Sig Pro or Sig 229 to a Glock 22 or Glock 23, the Glocks both have a higher magazine capacity and are smiliarly sized. That being said, I own both a P226 in .40/.357 and now a SP2022 in .40...the caliber reduction is an annoyance, but the guns quality more than make up for it. Besides, if you are all about capacity, get a G17 with a 33 round magazine. Capacity isn't everyting, but extra bullets are always nice in a gunfight.I would reccomend familiarizing your self with the data that exists about both 9mm and .40 S&W and make your descison. Is this your first handgun?
A 9mm may be a better choice as its lower recoil may lesson the probability of developing a flinch or other bad/occasionally unbreakable habits. Ammo is also ever so slightly cheaper...

I just got mine today, so I can't tell you about a holster but I am planning on looking at Bladetech or Comptac....maybe even Blackhawk, though I doubt they make a Sig Pro holster.

Hey thanks for the detailed reply.  I actually have a .40SW and really like the caliber.  I've only owned .40 and never shot a .45 or 9mm.  I do like the terminal ballistics of the .40SW and you make a good argument for a Glock if I really want hi cap mags.

Didn't know 9mm had lesh flash and kick.
Link Posted: 10/1/2006 11:17:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#5]
If you want a Sig buy the original, one of the classic P series, not another Glock imitator.
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 4:41:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
well? update? did you buy one?

I went with a P229R, .40SW, but I am planning on a P2022 in the future, after I handle one.
Link Posted: 10/8/2006 2:21:56 AM EDT
[#8]
No kidding...way to many people knock the Sig Pro's without good cause. The gun is well represented among armed professionals here and abroad. One could hardly describe the Sig 2022 as a "Glock imitation" as they couldn't be more different. I prefer mine to the Sig P229 as the grip is more comfortable* and interchangible* and its lighter. I just got the new CTC Lasergrips for mine, complete with lanyard loop, and I love this gun even more. I think people bash it because it doesn't cost 800.00 like a 226 or 229...I absolutely love mine as these are fantastic handguns, as good or better than any other top tier defensive handgun. For me the controls are more ergonomic, mainly the slide release but I find the decocker odd as I am used to the more traditional Classic decocker manipulation. Great guns.
Link Posted: 10/9/2006 4:41:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I have owned one and wasn't impressed.  The original Sig P series is what made Sig.  Not trying to put out something to compete with Glock.
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 5:48:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Besides having a polymer frame, it has absolutely nothing in common with a Glock.
The Sig Pro is an entirely different weapon, with nothing besides a polymer frame in common with a Glock...You would think someone who owned one would know that

The Sig SP2022 got Sig its largest contract to date, 300,000 units for the French national police. Its one of the biggest handgun contracts ever awarded in the free world.
I'd say they must be doing something right....

In no way is the Sig Pro comperable to a Glock, unless you are a retard.
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Is a Sig Pro comparable to a G17 or a G19? (Talking about size). Havent located any at local shops and im wondering if it could possibly be a CCW (For the future).
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Is a Sig Pro comparable to a G17 or a G19? (Talking about size). Havent located any at local shops and im wondering if it could possibly be a CCW (For the future).

It is comparable to a GLOCK 17.
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 1:27:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Nope. Its smaller than a G17. Its almost the same size as a G19.
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 11:57:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Besides having a polymer frame, it has absolutely nothing in common with a Glock.
The Sig Pro is an entirely different weapon, with nothing besides a polymer frame in common with a Glock...You would think someone who owned one would know that

The Sig SP2022 got Sig its largest contract to date, 300,000 units for the French national police. Its one of the biggest handgun contracts ever awarded in the free world.
I'd say they must be doing something right....

In no way is the Sig Pro comperable to a Glock, unless you are a retard.

I have read 200K and 250K but never 300K.  Where did you get the 300K figure?  Do you like the set up of the laser activation on the 2022 better than the P series?  The buttons on my CTC grips are the only thing I dont like about the 226 CTC grips (on the sides).

For the original poster I say get a 9mm.  Smaller guns recoil more, lighter guns recoil more.  This is a light and compact pistol.  The ammo is half the price, there is no "reduced capacity" to the 9mm mags compared to any other handgun in its class and its more accurate most of the time.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 10:39:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I have just replaced my old Sig Pro with the new 2022 (both in the .40 cal).  My department originally bought approx 12 of them in one shot so everyone would be the same.  I like the old Sig Pro and like the new one as well.  However, the reason why I now have a new 2022 is because the slide release spring BROKE.  The loop where it rolls over the pin for the release itself (where it goes through the frame) peeled apart and split.  Has anyone ever heard of this?  I noticed that on my new gun the spring is straight, the inside of the frame is braced up and the frame itself is generally heavier.  Was this a problem with the old version?  Lastly, has anyone seen an off duty holster (something like the Fobus) for the 2022?  The old one won't work since the front of the trigger guard is different.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I had a Pro in .357 when they came out.  Got a 226 and prefer the feel of it.  Sold the PRO, get a classic or you wil regret it later.  If you want a polymer gun get the HK USP, a superior gun.

JMN69
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:25:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Good choice with the 229R.  You'll be happy with it.  But for your next pistol, seriously consider the 2022.  The Pro is an awsome and capable gun for a great price.

I owned a 2340 in .40 and I currently own a 2009 as well as formely owning a P226.  In no way, shape, or form is it inferior to the classic line just because it's a polymer "budget gun."   In no way is it inferior to any other polymer.  Neither my 2340 or my 2009 have had any problems or failures of any kind, and are more accurate than I am.  Honestly, my Pro is probably my favorite pistol right next to my Colt Python.

I was less than impressed with the USP.  I bought one in .40 because my friend told me I needed one, how awesome the USP was, how you get what you pay for.  I got an $800 pistol that didn't offer much of anything special, it just didn't fit me.  I traded it for an M&P 40 and haven't looked back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top