Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2006 8:35:19 PM EDT
i recently purchased a glock 23 to add to my little family and truthfully dont like it all that much.  I friend of mine (who talked me into the glock) has since opened the only full time gun shop in my area.  He carry's nice weapons and i as i said he's a friend so  pricing isn't going to kill me.  Even prior to buying the glock i was thinking about a Walther P99 9mm.  What i'm looking to do is keep the glock at home and wait til my concealed permit comes through and then purchase a new hand gun.  I plan for it to be a carry pistol.  I'm down to three choices right now and i'm looking for some input from the community.  They are as follows:

Walther P99
Beretta PX4
Springfield Armory XD

Not real sure if i want 9mm or .40 yet

Again some input would be great.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 8:43:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't go wrong with the XD, great gun.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 9:05:16 PM EDT
[#2]
my only hesitation with the XD is that it is Croatian.  Might not make any real difference but it just caught my eye when looking it over at the gun shop.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
my only hesitation with the XD is that it is Croatian.  Might not make any real difference but it just caught my eye when looking it over at the gun shop.

Don't worry about that. I have a Subcomp 9 and it is nothing but reliable.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 12:39:54 AM EDT
[#4]
The XD is a great pistol and I highly recomend it.

Link Posted: 8/22/2006 6:05:45 AM EDT
[#5]
With a screen name like that, you MUST be in Tallahassee. Head over to the Hometown Forum and tell us where you're at in the member locator thread. I'm in Tallahassee, as well as several other members.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:07:43 AM EDT
[#6]
formerly from tallahassee but now in Jupiter, FL.  i miss T-town dearly though.  if i could talk some sense into my wife we'll be back there soon.  Do any of you have a beretta or walther to speak of?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top