Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2002 8:58:59 AM EDT
Mine just came in about a week ago and I just can't stop talking about it!!! I'm going to shoot it for the first time this weekend. I can't wait.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 7:42:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, /do/ talk about it. Is it any good, does it require Kel-Tec typical break-in time, or is it perfect out of the box? How does the folding mechanism feel? Solid and reliably, or cheap and wobbly?
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I won't know anything about the guns performance until this weekend. If it is anywhere near as good as a P-11, it should shoot great straight out of the box. The folding mechanism feels very smooth and clicks into place with a very sturdy clicking sound when it is extended. Mine is one of the earliest batches(700's serial no. range)so I'm hoping that their aren't any kinks to iron out. I'll be able to give an accurate report after this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 9:43:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Come to think of it, the little P11 is the only one of my guns that was made after 1960, therefore also the only gun I bought NIB, so I don't even know if all guns require a break-in period or just the Kellies.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#4]
i have had a sub9 for 3 months. i like the gun, but it is not as reliable as i wished. it feeds great. the problem is the spent case will sometimes get caught in the bolt. kind of a sideways stovepipe. the next round has started into the chamber,  the stopage is from the spent case. i have tried 5 kinds of ammo.  the spent cases barely make it out of the rifle. i think the recoil spring is to strong. i keep it stored with the bolt pulled back. i hope it weakens the spring a little. 300 rds fired so far. no change. about 1 out of 20 rds do this. the barrel folds and locks tight. im pleased with that part. i have tried all kinds of teflon, lube, and anything else that will cause the parts to slide with less resistance.  no luck. the same old thing. empty cases fall out at my feet. thought you all should know how mine has turned out. fun gun, but not for self defence  i love my p32. it works every time!
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 9:00:10 PM EDT
[#5]
testing 1,2,3  testing posting a photo. webshots no longer works for me!   http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/5090/images/PGiqD8CoBQIAAB3Cgi8_5090_0.pjpeg   ok here goes!
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 9:36:47 AM EDT
[#6]
update on my sub 9
after storing this gun with the bolt open. i just fired 150 rounds without a jam. it now kicks the spent case out about 1 foot. before they barely fell out the port, and some did not make it out. "stove pipe" so i will always store it open bolt. this was enough to weaken the spring just a little! solved the problem for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top